Sonic Electronix

Biggest Car Audio Mistakes?

I was doing a frame ground in my 86 Turbo Coupe (back in 93). I pulled one side of a brace, sanded it down, grounded to that hole, put the bolt back in, and finished the install. When I took off later that night there was a massive bang and then a grinding noise... I had put the bolt in without reconnecting one side of the brace which was dragging and bent to hell... <_<

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

When i was fifteen i installed a 4 chan amp behind the seat of an extended cab without checking clearance...when i put the back seat back into position; the frame hit the power terminal frying the amp...i have seen two guys set off airbags while doing an install which is epic fail

Eye Kandy Kustomz

2414 E. Napoleon St.

Sulphur, LA 70663

(337)313-3121

[email protected]

Eye Kandy Kustomz Page

My Page

very good thread...lots of stuff to learn from in here haha. ive made quite a few myself

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Matt's Eclipse was doing a 149.3 before heading to World finals in Nashville for MECA...

so...at MECA finals I was tinkering with the metro for it's qualifying run...and matt and gary came to me and said "can we check the sub and make sure it works with the meter"... my dmm... anyway... sure go ahead... (his qualifying score was down from when were were home 1000 miles away)...they came back and said it was at 1.5... hmm... dual 2 sub... well he had just made a run in spl so i said it should be fine (was a dual 2 sub)... however, the meter was wrong (read wrong and i forgot the difference at the moment) so i said should be fine.

when we got home after finals we metered it... still the lower score...hm... checked with meter.. same 1.5ohm....

pulled the sub out... only one v/c was hooked up!!!!! so he pulled a 146.4dB at finals with only one coil!!!

hooked up the coil... 149.3 again.

second place vs. world champion.

DAMN.

• 1 year later...

This actually happened today... I had just bought some new StreetWires 1/0 for my big 3 upgrade and I had to relocate my engine to chassis ground towards the front part of the frame. I got my 18V Porter-Cable cordless drill, carefully inspected where my bit would be if it went further than anticipated to make sure I didn't hit a hose or anything, started to slowly drill, and then HISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Antifreeze everywhere! My drillbit had warped, bent, and put a pinhole in my condenser... FML!!! :noob:

And to think I even double-checked to make sure I wouldn't hit anything!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

My second install i did my self on my car. Got cocky and forgot to unhook battery.needless to say there was a loud pop and smoke........then an amp with no life lol

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

unhooking 8v batts..hit the neg while undoing my pos. gave me a nice 16v shock.

messureing a box to JUST fit. forget add in how thick the timber is... <_<

forgetting to check gain before turning music up to start playing with gain (before the dd-1) why did soundstream send me a 4ch with gains right up. sorry speakers

but the biggest of them all was comeing to this god damm site, im now a SMD addict and have done nothing but spend $$$ that i can't really affored. and still want MORE

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

hooked up only 1 coil of a l7 to a 2500. not pretty. brand new sub out the door. and some othersbut i dont wanna feel stupid lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

why did soundstream send me a 4ch with gains right up. sorry speakers

Thats how I blew one of my 4x6s brand new when I got them. I didnt notice the Soundstream amps come with bass boosted like all the way up... <_<

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Archived