Sonic Electronix

Thanks a lot man. Im very proud of that box, it's my baby! It makes the system ;) I definitely know what your talking about. Im completely aware of how low I am in the car audio world, but most people haven't heard things close to my system. I love it when people are all ready for it and all they have heard are their other friends 10" sealed xplods lol. The look on their face is priceless!

No I haven't I need to get my hands on something to clamp it with! Definitely, I figure after all the factors like voltage and impedance rise, and the fact that MTX probably over rated it a little, im probably in the ballpark of 1200-1300 watts at best. After some serious sound deadening and a new amp I think it will be quite loud :) While I was on the meter down at DC with Rusty another guy came threw with his two level 4xl eighteens on "3000w" and metered a 146.5 on average. I think it's pretty cool that im not far behind on something much more inferior.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! True that...SOOOOO many people think there explodes and pianeers and stuff is loud. And most people always drive around just blaring there systems. I rolled up to a place in a town that i wasn't from. Just had the bass up a tweak nothing crazy. Then a whole bunch of these kids with fancy cars are like wow what you got a 8" sub on a 100 watts? I just smiled and said nahhhh. Then i listend to theirs systems and i complimented them on it. They were sonys in a pre-manufactured box. I'm like you wanna hear mine? lol They were all smiles and appologizing for giving me crap...haha..

Hahaha yep, at least your not a dick about it going and smashing on random grandmas and grandpas at red lights or anyone with their window down to show them how cool you are. I also usually just drive around with the bass on like -20 so its really good SQ. Sometimes I still get really dirty looks from people though. Then theres times where someone pulls up next to you blaring, and then you just give them a few seconds to look cool then turn yours back up ;) haha.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

Hahaha yep, at least your not a dick about it going and smashing on random grandmas and grandpas at red lights or anyone with their window down to show them how cool you are. I also usually just drive around with the bass on like -20 so its really good SQ. Sometimes I still get really dirty looks from people though. Then theres times where someone pulls up next to you blaring, and then you just give them a few seconds to look cool then turn yours back up ;) haha.

LOL. Im the same way. :popcorn:

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

i like how those speakers dont have the tweet through the middle of the cone like most coax sets do. i doubt it really makes a difference but you never know

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

that box is almost exactly what i was going to build last week until i was told how horrible it would be and was told a "much better" idea. we went with the other idea and the box failed horribly lol. but if this is working for you... i might try it after all.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i like how those speakers dont have the tweet through the middle of the cone like most coax sets do. i doubt it really makes a difference but you never know

I think it does make a difference. These speakers sound way better then any other aftermarket 5x7 ive heard. Its pretty much a component speaker with the tweeter mounted above it :)

that box is almost exactly what i was going to build last week until i was told how horrible it would be and was told a "much better" idea. we went with the other idea and the box failed horribly lol. but if this is working for you... i might try it after all.

Haha funny, the exact same thing happened to me but the opposite way! The first box my buddy helped me build and told me it would be perfect and all this, then it was HORRIBLE and fell apart, before it fell apart it sounded like shit anyways. Then he was telling me this new box I was building was gonna suck blah blah blah... then I made sure he was the first one to hear it. He nearly shat himself when he heard the difference. SO so much louder, keeps up with his four LVL 3 15"s in the back of his yukon.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

I think it does make a difference. These speakers sound way better then any other aftermarket 5x7 ive heard. Its pretty much a component speaker with the tweeter mounted above it :)

Haha funny, the exact same thing happened to me but the opposite way! The first box my buddy helped me build and told me it would be perfect and all this, then it was HORRIBLE and fell apart, before it fell apart it sounded like shit anyways. Then he was telling me this new box I was building was gonna suck blah blah blah... then I made sure he was the first one to hear it. He nearly shat himself when he heard the difference. SO so much louder, keeps up with his four LVL 3 15"s in the back of his yukon.

Your Welcome :P:p:P:p:pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

• 4 months later...

Archived