may03LT Posted July 12, 2010 Report Posted July 12, 2010 I swear I have had the WORST luck lately... Sucks man, and back pain FTL.
Farmacist Posted July 12, 2010 Report Posted July 12, 2010 Sorry to hear about your trouble with the XXX amps, I've had 4 of them and never had any trouble at all. Where did you buy them from exactly? If you need help I can take a look at the car for you, I'm local Team Soundstream Team Xs Power Team Secondskin Audio Team Mechman
UnderLoK Posted July 12, 2010 Author Report Posted July 12, 2010 Sorry to hear about your trouble with the XXX amps, I've had 4 of them and never had any trouble at all. Where did you buy them from exactly? If you need help I can take a look at the car for you, I'm local Thanks man, but I'm adding a ton of stuff in the next week which will hopefully address any potential issues. I got them from Xtreme who handed them to me from the distributor... They are a dealer. The amps worked fine for a week then all hell broke loose. As I said earlier getting a hold of support was a complete PITA and I had to email Grizz to get a response. Then to get an RMA I had to get my dealer to call because Kevin wasn't returning my calls. It's a riot they say "call and ask for extension 2xx" and when you do the operator always says the same thing "I'm sorry he is on the phone" without fail. I left messages with her and no dice. As I told Victor and Kevin they obviously need more people. I mean what, 2 guys for SS and PA? If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
GoreMasterCustomAudio Posted July 12, 2010 Report Posted July 12, 2010 dam bro sorry about the luck sounds just like me sometimes i gotta buy things or have them repaired 3 times till they work right... but dam your not to far away im down for a meet or if u want help and i ant buzy im down for doing the hard work, thats what i have to do now at dukes anyways but keep us updated I can't stop building!!! 4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-BuildThe newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer BuildMy First Build 8 RF P1 12's My Myspace Add MeMy Facebook Add Me oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you? If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.
rival904 Posted July 13, 2010 Report Posted July 13, 2010 Wow. Glad to know theres someone else out there with luck as bad as mine. 2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab 2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts 4(and counting) XS Power 6500's 4 DD3515s Supercharged 53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough 8 DD M1b's 6 Selenium 8's 2 Selenium ST350s 154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp Build Log
UnderLoK Posted July 13, 2010 Author Report Posted July 13, 2010 dam bro sorry about the luck sounds just like me sometimes i gotta buy things or have them repaired 3 times till they work right... but dam your not to far away im down for a meet or if u want help and i ant buzy im down for doing the hard work, thats what i have to do now at dukes anyways but keep us updated Thanks man appreciate it. Hopefully it'll be sorted out shortly. Wow. Glad to know theres someone else out there with luck as bad as mine. Man it's never ending... If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
rival904 Posted July 13, 2010 Report Posted July 13, 2010 Trust me, I know. One step forward, two steps back. Or so it seems. 2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab 2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts 4(and counting) XS Power 6500's 4 DD3515s Supercharged 53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough 8 DD M1b's 6 Selenium 8's 2 Selenium ST350s 154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp Build Log
UnderLoK Posted July 14, 2010 Author Report Posted July 14, 2010 Well my gimp ass spent an hour trying to get the gate open today, the trim has edges around the bump stops on the gate that make it impossible to get the trim off... After failing for an hour I said screw it and took it to the dealer this morning. Full warranty for another 2 months so I might as well use it. Oh and "my door trim just fell off"... I broke two pieces during the build, they might warranty those too Should have it back Thursday or Friday 10am at the latest. Once I do I pack up and head down to see Aaron. I'll take some pics of the chaos in the garage later. XXX's are here and DATs should have been here Thursday, but of coarse they didn't actually ship until yesterday so Monday it is... That's a monster PITFA because the XXX's take 1 1/0 and the DATs took 2 and I don't have 300a ANL's only mini's to make 300... Gotta pick some up before I head down on Friday. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
UnderLoK Posted July 18, 2010 Author Report Posted July 18, 2010 Well I just got back from visiting with Aaron down in Columbus and we put in some serious work last night. Things were playing by 6 or 7am I forget which but OF COARSE the one XXX is still screwed up and Soundstream are idiots... It's still putting current through the case... Also the HU flaked out and had to be reset 3 times and the remote wigged out too which were all fixed. At any rate, I have one working and it KILLS how loud a single XXX was before. We screwed around on the TL and it posted up a 140.6 at 28hz (MECA style) running on one XXX at 2ohms (not sure maybe 2200 watts) It kills the lows which I love... We added between 130-150ft or wire last night, made up the bus bars, and tried to install the dual alts but again more issues, I just have to get my goose neck on my power steering cut down a but, but the one worked all the way home Sorry I don't have more pictures, my buddy was taking them, but I should have showed him how to use the camera because they all came out blurry except these that I took... Aaron rocks and was a massive help! Copper 1/4x1 with 4 front to back grounds (rear batts), frame grounds, and alt grounds (all to battey). We also added two more power run to the rear so there is now 4 total. Rear bus bar mock up, again everything grounds to the front bus bar. All the wire waiting for lugs. Anyways, now I just have to kill SS on Monday Well that and pick up some more hardware. I had initially planned on running the DATs, but after talking with Bill previously he had said that 15.5 volts is the hairy edge for these amps and well, my truck at start kicks out between 15.2-15.48 in my testing and did a 15.67 when I started the truck after the rear batts had been disconnected for a few weeks and it's making me a bit nervous... The XXX's can take over 18 volts no problem. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
MileSwimmer4444 Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 yes. good. very good. 4 - 15 Sundown Z v.2 @ 35Hz 2 - AP3000D 2 - RF Power Punch 6.5 Comps 2 - RF Power Power 1 - Kinetic KHC2000 3 - Kinetic KHC2400 Iraggi 300A Knu Wiring
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.