baggedon4s Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 2 years ago, 3 of us worked on a car for 3 days straight. 2 of us were up at all times. Think the most each one slept was 3 hours at the most. this was after 6 days of 15-18 hour days, getting cars out for black bike rally in myrtle beach. I wouldnt doubt if I pulled 120 hours that week. It was so bad we had a bare metal repaint car, come back thursday out of the paint shop at noon on thursday, left the paint shop, no lights in it or anything, police escort to drive it and it was at the beach saturday morning..put all the interior, system, 4 tv's alarm, lift kit and wheels on it. it sucked.....but the money was great this was the car tuesday after we put the doors on it and this is it leaving saturday morning 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
Symmetry9898 Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 ive been doing 12hr/7days a week for the past 6 months. Finally got my days off back though so im happy now Build in progress: Kenwood DNX890HD Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's 2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub 1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1 XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear Mechman Elite 370 Stinger power connections and cable
moh.vze.com Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 Back in my high school days when I worked at Burger King, I was doing 65+ hours a week and I didn't even get paid overtime DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs
Reaper Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 Did anyone else think he was talking about subs for a second? 51hrs in two weeks is my record. But I only work 2 days a week.... i honestly did then was like...wait fuck i'm dumb lol.
SlowLoudNBangin Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 98hours in one week is my max. 7 14s on a offshore platform. sleeping in a conex with 8 pairs of bunkbeds, nothing but blue ocean for miles, and a fat ass check every week, ahhhh the life. 9515g xa-3000s
STEvil Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 110+..... harvest time on the farm! Seeding now, hours are not quite as brutal but seeing 75-90 isnt uncommon. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
CLNFREAK Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 I got so much work backed up i could work as much as i want... I am pullin 10's and 12's now but It is goin to go in to 16's-20's soon yuck
Fyro Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 15 in a day isn't uncommon when you get into the proper working world. I've had people see me at work at 7am and say "You're here early" to which I reply "No, I'm here late..." Takes them a moment to work out that I've been at it all night. Stupid computers. hmm yeah.. Luckily I didn't go for a job at Maccas' because they don't shut. Still, at least we god discount for food. Will probably only last a few years before I get a decent job with good pay. I feel for anyone who works nightshifts, they suck and ruin your sleep/play patttern 04 Lancer CH ES JVC KD-R626 H/U (2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components RE Audio SEX 12" D4 JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock
Fyro Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 2 years ago, 3 of us worked on a car for 3 days straight. 2 of us were up at all times. Think the most each one slept was 3 hours at the most. this was after 6 days of 15-18 hour days, getting cars out for black bike rally in myrtle beach. I wouldnt doubt if I pulled 120 hours that week. It was so bad we had a bare metal repaint car, come back thursday out of the paint shop at noon on thursday, left the paint shop, no lights in it or anything, police escort to drive it and it was at the beach saturday morning..put all the interior, system, 4 tv's alarm, lift kit and wheels on it. it sucked.....but the money was great this was the car tuesday after we put the doors on it and this is it leaving saturday morning you deserve a reward. 3 days and you come out with THAT! AMAZING! nice job 04 Lancer CH ES JVC KD-R626 H/U (2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components RE Audio SEX 12" D4 JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock
Hotdog Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 Most I have done was 109 hours in one week which was a holiday week lots of that turned into double time pay..was a sweet week. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.