rboudreaux77

CDT audio

17 posts in this topic

i have seen some people on this forum that have CDT audio for their mids and highs and im wondering how good they sound? i know they have MANY different choices and some go from pretty cheap to really fricking expensive and im looking more at the cheap side lol. i wanna put a component set in my front doors thats why im lookin around for a change. right now i have memphis mclass 6x9s and 6.5s coaxials. should i make the switch or just stick with the memphis stuff? if i do stay with memphis im gonna get the 6.5 mclass component for my front doors but for the price of the memphis component i can get a CDT component and CDT 6x9s.

I like them but find them to be slightly lacking in the midbass. I've always had them in big installs though so that may have more to do with it. If I switch or should I say when it will be for hertz .

Yea, i just put some in my yukon and i think that they can use some more midbass also. Think they still have there promo going on for the cl62 pro-x pakcage, which is componets with upstage tweeter and free rear 6.5 coaxial for 250?

I love mine. I will agree they are a little lacking in the mid-bass but all around for the price I got I'm very pleased.

ya cdt isnt known for midbass. hence why i have the ES-07 for midrange and hertz HV-200 for midbass

sux they dont make those hertz 8s anymore

i know right? im not sure what im going to do once these ones give out on me. hopefully they wont but in the back of my head i know shit is going to hit the fan sooner or later

i just realized that out of 10 drivers currently in my car half of them are out of production (the other half are cdt's still in production)

aint that a bitch

I've been running CDT audio for about 5yrs now, I like the hd series the best. As far as mid bass I've never had a problem getting enough, I do have a Eclipse 7200 mkII witch is a sound quality head unit. Amps and speakers can only play whats put to them. So if your not feeding the amp with midbass it can't make the speakers play it. Before I ran this unit I used a EQ/crossover to feed the amps. Thats my look into it I have many trophies to back up the statement.

Edited by Pogo

its not the equiptment (amps or HU) seeing as im running the same hu to my es-07s as my hv-200s and both of them are on PPI A600s...

I will agree that cdts can have midbass. you set ur crossover low and be easy with it ya you can get urself some BUT they just sound better with a higher crossover. My es-07s can handle a 50hz crossover. ive done it before. but they dont sound as crisp and clean like im used to. In comparison the hertz speakers just have midbass like no other. check out the level meter of the power 1000 im using. the "rear" midbasses are getting some power and jumping out of the door pod... I like me some midbass

If I felt I needed more bass I wouldn't have pulled my Kicker 8's out of the kicks. I don't need them to drop any lower than 80hz, my subs are in 1.2 cubes each and sealed they play up to 100hz and down to 20hz. No it's not the same pulsating bass you get from ports, but it is extremely clean. I also listen to them at extreme volumes because thats what I built them to do. I love concert sound and I've never been to a quite concert.I'm not doubting the mid bass of hertz, but with a finely tuned system you can get more from less some times.

i feel ya on that man. other then i have more... ES-02, Es-07, Hertz hv200 running active off ppi arts (2 A600s, A200) Es-03, Fosgate FNX 1" tweet center channel and 2 XXX 15" in 5cu sealed off a T40001bd

your setup does sound like it has some potential thou.. too bad theres no way to hear it over the net

Edited by emperorjj1