SlimDog53185 Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 I need a way to seal off my trunk. I have the subs facing the cabin and need a easy way to seal everything up. I know glassing would be one of the best ways but I have no experience with it and don't really want to try it right now. What else would be good to use?
baaudio Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 you could cover the gaps with some kinda deadener or great stuff. what kinda car? maybe some pics would help to get a visual of what options you have Team NWSPL baaudio Build Log 2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough 4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k
DirtyD78 Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 Expanding foam great stuff, you can get it at wally world 2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH new build 2 dc audio lvl4 xl's rd audio 3250 box is behind the seats below the window 3.44 after tuned@34 htz 147.3@44 htz & getting louder
treossi Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 i sealed off using a 4 dollar can of great stuff expanding foam, and gained db'z Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details
SlimDog53185 Posted May 17, 2010 Author Report Posted May 17, 2010 How could I keep it from getting everywhere? I'm thinking put down plastic in the area I want to apply it. I don't really want it on my box.
cracker Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 How could I keep it from getting everywhere? I'm thinking put down plastic in the area I want to apply it. I don't really want it on my box. you could try something like i did and make a frame in the trunk so the box can slide into sealing it up. use the expanding foam to seal the frame and you can then still take your box out if need be. just gotto get the frame opening to fit a lil snug with the box...but a lil extra carpeting can close that gap easliy too. March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
fox_racin4 Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 gorilla tape will work!!! 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
keepinitloud Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 I used dynamat 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
SlimDog53185 Posted May 17, 2010 Author Report Posted May 17, 2010 Do you have any pics of the frame?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.