Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

If u had 4 Subs to choose From??


  

54 members have voted

  1. 1. Which will get the loudest?

    • 2 12" Death Penalties
    • 2 12" BTL's
    • 2 12" Level 4 XL
    • 2 12" Nightshade


Recommended Posts

Posted

damn im getting a lot of Nightshade votes lately hhmmmm. But it looks like The Level 4 XL is ahead... BTL's and Nightshades Tie .. :popcorn:

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Posted

Lol looks like the DC nuthuggers on here have taken over!

I picked the Nightshades. The new coils Jacob cooked up seem to be absolutely beast. It's too bad they're only available on recones :(

However, The BTL's and the XL's are both killer subs, but all I see anymore are guys with "OMG I'm putting BTL's in my Tahoe" and "OMG I got these sweet new DC's thx Rusty!" And almost all the Sundown builds are "OMG I got all these SA-8's I'm gonna wall them LOL!" I like the DP's, but I've never seen enough of them to know how they compare top the others. Go with the Nightshades. They'll rock out on that amp and it'll be an original build.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

I would go with the lvl 5s, but i voted for the XL

just because if its not loud enough for you, you can double your power and still keep your woofer!

if you want ear hurting shit, throw in 100 mids and highs...

bass has never hurt my ears.. chest and head yeah, but never my ears...

just tossing that out there

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Posted

I picked the nightshades purely b/c they would match your amp lol... Anyone of those drivers will take the power and get equally as loud and sound equally as good... It would come down to whichever I could get cheaper.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted

Lol looks like the DC nuthuggers on here have taken over!

I picked the Nightshades. The new coils Jacob cooked up seem to be absolutely beast. It's too bad they're only available on recones :(

However, The BTL's and the XL's are both killer subs, but all I see anymore are guys with "OMG I'm putting BTL's in my Tahoe" and "OMG I got these sweet new DC's thx Rusty!" And almost all the Sundown builds are "OMG I got all these SA-8's I'm gonna wall them LOL!" I like the DP's, but I've never seen enough of them to know how they compare top the others. Go with the Nightshades. They'll rock out on that amp and it'll be an original build.

lol, not for long, looks like the Nightshade has taken over the lead.. oh shizz!

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Posted

I would say stick with the Nightshades also... same brand as amp too. You already know how good Sundown amps are :)

Posted

I picked the nightshades purely b/c they would match your amp lol... Anyone of those drivers will take the power and get equally as loud and sound equally as good... It would come down to whichever I could get cheaper.

Good advice bro, especially the last quote! :drinks:

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1191 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...