Stump me and win a prize

Questions were skipped as stated in the rules.

Ed, I'm going to go ahead and say you've stumped me. I've only been able to track you back to around 2000. I've gotten ahold of a few magazines and they say they haven't done articles on you, but I haven't talked to all of them. It's just holding up the game.

Ed wins first bracket prize unless you want to go a second round all or nothing. I've modified the rules a bit to prevent people from expanding on a stumped question for an automatic win. ;)

Yay!

If its official i can tell you the answer and a source where you could have found it. Although I think it may not be there anymore.

I know one source is still there but it would probably take months of searching even for me.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

hmm, id love to say your right, but your not

John Hanson was the 3rd president not 1st

Samuel Huntington was 1st, he was in the hot seat in 1781 as well, but he got in on March 1st

John Hanson got in on November 5th

He did indeed serve as "president" during the ratification of the Articles of Confederation, but his official title was considered President of Continental Congress (as were all of them). The President of Congress was a mostly ceremonial position with no real authority as the Articles didn't define an executive branch. In November 1781, John Hanson became the first President of Congress to be elected for an annual term as specified in the Articles of Confederation having an assumed authority over all of the states without official unification.

The President of the Continental Congress was the presiding officer of the Continental Congress, the convention of delegates that emerged as the first national government of the United States during the American Revolution. The president was a member of Congress elected by the other delegates to serve as an impartial moderator during meetings of Congress. Designed to be a largely ceremonial position without much influence, the office was unrelated to the later office of President of the United States and therefore truly cannot be anybody BUT George Washington.

And if you really want to go that far back, John Hancock was the first president of continental congress.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

What size are the 4 bolts holding the pin cups inplace on an AMF 82-70?

Let me rephrase, what size socket would I need to grab in order to adjust or replace the pin cups.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

Here's one for you when you're finished with the rest. I'd love to know the answer because it's blowing my mind at the moment.

We all know about conservation of momentum.

Momentum = Mass * Velocity

and:

Kinetic Energy = 1/2Mass * Velocity^2

Say you have an object that weighs 2. Its Velocity is 2. So its momentum is 4. Its kinetic energy is also 4. (1/2 * 2 * 2 * 2)

It collides, frictionlessly, perfectly elastically, with an object that has weight of 1. Conservation of momentum dictates that the velocity will be 4. So momentum is unchanged at 4.

However, the kinetic energy of the system has changed. 1/2*1*4*4 = 8. So the energy has doubled. Where has the energy come from? No energy has been input to the 'system' and as Einstein teaches us, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed to another form (unless we're talking obliteration of mass, e=mc^2 blah blah). So how does the lighter object have twice the energy?

If you take a strip of paper and hold one end and rotate one end and bring it back and tape it so that it is a 3D object, you should then be able to put your finger anywhere on the object and trace around it infinitely. What is the name of this figure/object?

Bonus Question:

Who was the designer that designed the Fermilab National Laboratory (just north of Chicago around Aurora) who also happened to sculpt one of the above questioned figures?

Hint:

The sculpture now sits on top of the auditorium at Fermilab.

Einstein theorized that if any matter reached the speed of light it would be converted into energy, he also said that matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed. Which theory was Einstein wrong about?

These are the current open questions. All others will be skipped until at least one is resolved.

Pending debates still stand. :D

[email protected]

thats a lie :P

if you want to go that far back

Peyton Randolph -1774- was the first president of Continental Congress

John Hancock was in 1776

Bah, it was decided in a bar and only lasted like two months. :D How much can you really rely on that eh? Nice little history lesson, but based on the original question and answers, I feel we both have very valid arguments.

Technically, president of the United States based on today's standards (and theirs) was an executive position over the United States. Whether that was addressed in the Articles of Confederation or not, Hanson was the first to be elected by Congress to hold such a position based on the articles while the country held the name "United States" and serve a full term.

Although "President of the United States" can be a loosely translated term, most of those "presidents" mentioned were in some sort of power before the coining of the name. George Washington was the official first president of the United States constitutionally, and John Hanson was the first to be elected with the intent to hold such power even though it was held prior to his term.

[email protected]

ha i dont want to win jack shit

i just felt like arguing about it :P

i honestly think it just matters on what point before washington were talking about

that would mean your question was too broad :lol:

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i asked a question a longgggggggg time ago on the first page.. it never got mentioned..

if it was durin the bombardment of questions it was probably skipped cause 3 questions were already open

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Archived