im trying to convince my grandparrents that im mature enough to get a bike. in my family, pretty much what the deal is, is my grandmother is the "main bitch". if something dosent fly with her, it isnt going to happen. i have always liked riding, never ridden any sort of bike, but dont get me wrong, as far at ATVs i have had my fair share. i have built probably 10 atvs in the past 2 years, worked on hundreds, not counting lawn mowers, or dirt bikes, im only 17 but i am very skilled at small engine repair, on small engine machines. her arguement is that bikes are too unsafe. i agree that they are unsafe to a point, but how unsafe depends on the rider, you know? hell she wont even let me buy a moped, and here i am whipping around courses on race built atvs, and i cant even get a moped for fuck sake.

what is a great counter arguement that i have? i want to start riding so baddddd but at this rate, i never will be, and i want to be riding by the time i turn 18, which is in late august, any help here guys!?

attached are some first bikes that i am interested in.

kawasaki ninja 250

kawasaki-ninja-250r-1.jpg

honda nighthawk 250

800px-Honda_CB250_Nighthawk_drum.jpg

CBR 125

cbr125-0361.jpg

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

im trying to convince my grandparrents that im mature enough to get a bike. in my family, pretty much what the deal is, is my grandmother is the "main bitch". if something dosent fly with her, it isnt going to happen. i have always liked riding, never ridden any sort of bike, but dont get me wrong, as far at ATVs i have had my fair share. i have built probably 10 atvs in the past 2 years, worked on hundreds, not counting lawn mowers, or dirt bikes, im only 17 but i am very skilled at small engine repair, on small engine machines. her arguement is that bikes are too unsafe. i agree that they are unsafe to a point, but how unsafe depends on the rider, you know? hell she wont even let me buy a moped, and here i am whipping around courses on race built atvs, and i cant even get a moped for fuck sake.

what is a great counter arguement that i have? i want to start riding so baddddd but at this rate, i never will be, and i want to be riding by the time i turn 18, which is in late august, any help here guys!?

attached are some first bikes that i am interested in.

kawasaki ninja 250

kawasaki-ninja-250r-1.jpg

honda nighthawk 250

800px-Honda_CB250_Nighthawk_drum.jpg

CBR 125

cbr125-0361.jpg

I race motocross... bikes are 1000x safer than quads, wana know why? a 5 year old can sit on a quad, or even in a car, and hit the gas and bam up a tree (uncles best friends kid in coma for that for 2 months), when he would sit on a bike, he cant even balance, so theres your argument, riders on 2 wheeles know they cant do crazy stuff or go fast b/c of balance at start, but if you sit ina car or quad, pin it to win it, no balance needed..

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

Man id wait till your 18 that way you can be like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and get that bike no matter waht they say..your best chance would be that you take some kind of motorcycle course and show them that you know the safety on using a bike

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I had an 11 year old cousin die on a 4-wheeler a few years ago. Really sad, really graphic, and not the only bad experience I know of personally with 4 wheelers. I've known far more people in motorcycle accidents too, regardless of whether they were just slightly injured, permanently handicapped, or killed.

Having said that I drive both. I bought a bike, had it a year, then sold it with no regrets. Best defense for me was cost of ownership, and gas savings since 50mpg > 15mpg driving 50 miles a day or more. Personally I think if you ride without safety gear you're stupid, and if you wear the leather and stuff you look like a fag and sweat your balls off in the summer. So when riding a bike you have to ask, "Do I want to get f*cked up in a crash, or look like a pillow-biter in traffic?" Good luck.

unisex-biker-cowboy-leather-effect-chaps-150-p.jpgbiker-fancy-dress-costume-xl-[3]-158-p.jpg

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Man id wait till your 18 that way you can be like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and get that bike no matter waht they say..your best chance would be that you take some kind of motorcycle course and show them that you know the safety on using a bike

Exactly what I was gonna say wait till your 18. I have friends that race ATVs at there home course and that's more dangerous then a bike IMO. I mean I have a buddy that lost his sister in a ATV crash.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I ride. Have owned a few sport bikes. To be honest, i would wait a couple years, unless you are rolling in money. Insurance is very high when you are that age. I would start riding on two wheels more thou, maybe get a dirt bike or something and keep riding. If you can afford the insurance and bike payments then go for it. You got to respect family, but when you turn 18, you make your own choices. Where i live its scary to ride because the drivers around here are so dangerous. But, there is a very large 2 wheel scene. just my input. Can i ask why you want a 250?

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com