what are the pros and cons of a capacitor

i was lookin into this soundstream cap (Soundstream SCX-8)just want to know do caps really work? or no. i have heard so many negative things about them not to much positive info tho. so if anybody can if me some feed back before i purchase this product i'll appreciate it.

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

dont waste your money on it. save a little more and buy a smaller battery like a kinetic hc800. capacitors do almost nothing to help light dimming or solve electrical issues.

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

My understanding is that if you have a decent electrical then it will help smooth out the draw on the system, however buying one to solve a real problem won't work because the first real draw will discharge it and then your electrical won't be able to recharge it.

i was lookin into this soundstream cap (Soundstream SCX-8)just want to know do caps really work? or no. i have heard so many negative things about them not to much positive info tho. so if anybody can if me some feed back before i purchase this product i'll appreciate it.

its a more of a temporarily fix in most cases, you're better off buying a battery

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

for $100 you can get a kinetik 600 battery which would help much more with current discharge. you could get a larger battery, and it would help a bit more.

do that^

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

for $100 you can get a kinetik 600 battery which would help much more with current discharge. you could get a larger battery, and it would help a bit more.

do that^

x2

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Unless you have upgrades to the charging system ie a h/o alt, a cap or a battery will just put MORE strain on top of the amps to the charging system.

Toyota Avalon

5% Tint

6000k HID

JVC AVX-720 HU

iPhone 3g

2 Memphis 15-MCC5 Component Sets (Front Doors)

2 Memphis 15-MC52 Coaxial (Back Doors)

1 MTX 9500 15" Dual 4 Ohm

Alpine MRP-F240 4 CH. 40 watts RMS (Doors)

MTX 8100.1

SCTD-logo.gifKobalt_-logogif.jpgMTXlogo.gifJVC-Logo-Mobile.jpgstmini_logo.jpgMidlandLogo1_250ph.jpg

Add Me On Facebook.

If you have a good electrical system, a cap works as a voltage stabilizer. Which will enhance output by taking the incoming power and and absorbing the electrical peaks and and boosting drops. Much like a home theater stabilizer works. But, you have to have the electrical to back it.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

dont waste your money on it. save a little more and buy a smaller battery like a kinetic hc800. capacitors do almost nothing to help light dimming or solve electrical issues.

thats because they are not made for that

itll smooth out the peaks and ripples caused by the slow discharge of batteries

but you need a big one. 50F should work for a smaller system (2k rms) at least thats how i think it should be.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

A little background would be good first. He has a Power Acoustik BAMF 5500, and that's gonna power a 15" Fi BTL. He has no electrical upgrades yet, and I will be helping with his system install. I have been telling him that he is gonna need a run of positive and negative from the front to the back, both 1/0g. He will have his Big # upgrade done in 1/0g. I am trying to tell him that he doesn't need a upgraded alt at this point, but he should do the proper wiring, and get a second battery. They have cheap batterys that will be good for his use at the auto part stores.

Do you agree???

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Archived