batterys are good resting at 13.4 i believe

and idk about the regulator

i wasnt talking about resting voltage. if you beat on the system for a couple min then its draining your batteries. turn the system off and it still needs to charge. so the batteries are creating a load on the alt, bringing down its voltage while it tries to charge the batteries.

its one possibility for the 13.5v reading.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

high output alts cant output alot of current on idle.

i know this but at 2k rpm it about the same as 800

i heard those mla volt thingys help out a lot for getting into the 15's. try em out

ya i know but right now i dont have the money for one

mla module would do the trick if you want it stay above 14V constantly :peepwall:

see answer above

i wasnt talking about resting voltage. if you beat on the system for a couple min then its draining your batteries. turn the system off and it still needs to charge. so the batteries are creating a load on the alt, bringing down its voltage while it tries to charge the batteries.

its one possibility for the 13.5v reading.

i know this but i put a battery (one by one) on a charger last night and it was reading 13.6-13.8 after the charge

and with the car on it was around 14.0-14.2 for most of the tym and it jumped up 2 15.5 then jumped back to 14.0

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

the only thing that controls your voltage output is the regulator. jumping to 15.5 after warm up is not normal

everything else you said sounds normal to me. try putting a small load on the alternator at idle and at 2k rpm and see if you have a voltage increase. you'll be pleasantly surprised...

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

small load..will my 4ch at mid vol work for that ?

edit

i will make a fast video

Edited by splzx3

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

What batteries?

As i will say again in my first post to answer your question: "charging batteries is 14.4 volts. The voltage is regulated using a regulator, normally these are regulated to 14.4 - 14.7 for charging, your alternator sounds perfectly fine, it's just the regulator doing it's work. Your alternator will charge slightly higher when it is cold, that's normal but when it's warmed up it should perform around 14.4 - 14.7

I don't even get over 14 volts at all. "

Volts doesn't relate to the amps it is putting out. You could be putting out your 220amps at 14.0 volts for all it cares. The reason your voltage may be jumping is that the regulator will detect a voltage drop with your system bumping r your A/C on, it will then increase idle voltage to combat this. An MLA module means you control it yourself and also means you must manually self correct voltage drops.

I have never seen over 14v. I constantly get 12.9 volts and then when my lights are turned on it may rise up to 13.7 - 13.8. This is the regulator doing it's work. I know that is really bad and that is why I don't use proper audio batteries as my charging is no where near enough volts. My batteries rest at 12.6 volts...

When you charge them and test them do you remove the surface charge? If oyur charger charges at 13.8volts the battery may only have a surface charge...

Your alternator is functioning perfectly fine. 15Volts may even harm your cars ECU or onboard functions, albeit depending on your vehicle. Your alternator performs alot better than mine and I can squeeze 3krms with one extra car battery and a deep cycle... dropping to 12 flat with a 55 amp alt. Be happy you have a H/O...

EDIT:Kranny said: "high output alts cant output alot of current on idle."

You said: "i know this but at 2k rpm it about the same as 800"

And I say, unless you have a current meter on there that I highly doubt then it is not the same at 2krpm and 800rpm. The voltage is still regulated, but the current will increase.

Edited by tomypg

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

At start 15+ settling at 14.4-14.9 is completely normal. Once the batts are close to charged or charged you will see the voltage slowly drop down, down, down. The ONLY way to change this behavior is with an MLA or VCM.

If you aren't seeing this kind of behavior that I stated above are you sure you have a frame ground directly to your alt?

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

That focus should use a white/blue regulator, which interfaces with the ECM. Voltage is always a little squirrelly when a high output unit is installed utilizing that type of regulator. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't go above 15 volts for more than a minute or so at a time.

tomypg

when i said it was the same i was talking about the voltage not the out out of the amp bro,i don't play the system loud with my when i have my ac on

kranny

ya i know the hotter it get the less effective it is

j00bles

i dont think they did lol

meacman

ok thank you

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg