What electrical upgrades do I need

Hey, so I am at a point now where I am going to need to upgrade my electrical because of the new system I am going to install this summer. I am going to put a sundown audio 1200 in for my sub and i am hoping to get sundown 100.4 amp for my mids and highs soon. I am currently running on stock alt (probably puts out 70 amps max if i'm lucky) and just a regular interstate battery. I was thinking about a 200 amp alternator and an extra battery, of course with the big 3 in 1/0, but I'm not sure if that would be enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One more thing. I don't ever plan on upgrading again. This would pretty much be the perfect system for me.

Gracias

Jake

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Hey, so I am at a point now where I am going to need to upgrade my electrical because of the new system I am going to install this summer. I am going to put a sundown audio 1200 in for my sub and i am hoping to get sundown 100.4 amp for my mids and highs soon. I am currently running on stock alt (probably puts out 70 amps max if i'm lucky) and just a regular interstate battery. I was thinking about a 200 amp alternator and an extra battery, of course with the big 3 in 1/0, but I'm not sure if that would be enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One more thing. I don't ever plan on upgrading again. This would pretty much be the perfect system for me.

Gracias

Jake

lmao, you have any idea how many times i have said that?

anyways. i installed that exact same setup in my friends 06 honda civic (im sure that alts stupid small as well) and he is doing fine with just a yellow top in the trunk. never checked voltage drop but he hasnt said anything about dimming headlights or anything. but an HO alt is never a bad idea and you could probably get a 200amp alt for close to the same price as a good sized battery.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure if that would be enough but I guess its more than enough. Your probably right about upgrading, but right now my wallet is telling me I won't be doing that for a little while.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

anyways. i installed that exact same setup in my friends 06 honda civic (im sure that alts stupid small as well) and he is doing fine with just a yellow top in the trunk. never checked voltage drop but he hasnt said anything about dimming headlights or anything. but an HO alt is never a bad idea and you could probably get a 200amp alt for close to the same price as a good sized battery.

Where are you getting your HO alts from? Please tell me! DC just quoted me a price of $389 for a 180 amp alt for a 2004 Honda Accord 2.4L!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Well damn, that would make it much easier for me to not have to get another alternator. I guess I'll start looking at just using a second battery. Thanks.

Where are you getting your HO alts from? Please tell me! DC just quoted me a price of $389 for a 180 amp alt for a 2004 Honda Accord 2.4L!

I was getting it from DC. The same alt that you were quoted for. But now I guess I don't really need a HO alternator. I'm going to look at a Stinger or XS Power battery for my amps.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Archived