Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boomin

What do i need to run 2000 watts RMS?

15 posts in this topic

I want to run a kicker 1750.1 or a AQ2200 and a Alpine PDX 4.150 for my next setup. Both of these are Class D amps idk if that helps.

Total it will be from 2000-2500 watts RMS, what will i need to get it done safely?

I have a Honda civic with a 90 amp alternator stock.

I was thinking:

-eBay 180 amp alternator

-Optima Yellow Top up from

-1/0 gauge going to mono amp

-6 gauge going to mids/highs amp

-Big 3 done

whats the cheapest complete HO alternator i could get? thats good though

I'd go with a big battery and some 0 gauge to the back. That's about it. Maybe the stock battery and a medium sized AGM battery in the back.

My friend is running similar power to you (1600w mono, 2 PDX100.4's) on a Celica with stock alt and a flooded battery. No issues whatsoever in like 2 years.

For around that power id do:

-120a alt Iraggi,DC power,Mechman...etc(Not that high dollar, maybe $120-$150,The reason for only a 120a alt is because it will be better then your Stock 90a and its not that expensive)

-1 med size to large bat(XS D925,Kinetik HC800,C&D Liberty 1000 or Liberty FA...etc)(Not sure on prices for those.)

-BIG3 in 1/0 KNU,Kicker,Welding type wire,shok...etc

-1/0 run to the back for mono, and like 4ga for your Mids/highs amp(thats what ill be doing soon, 4ga is already ran so ill be using that on my Mids/highs amp, then 1/0 for my mono)

8)

For around that power id do:

-120a alt Iraggi,DC power,Mechman...etc(Not that high dollar, maybe $120-$150,The reason for only a 120a alt is because it will be better then your Stock 90a and its not that expensive)

-1 med size to large bat(XS D925,Kinetik HC800,C&D Liberty 1000 or Liberty FA...etc)(Not sure on prices for those.)

-BIG3 in 1/0 KNU,Kicker,Welding type wire,shok...etc

-1/0 run to the back for mono, and like 4ga for your Mids/highs amp(thats what ill be doing soon, 4ga is already ran so ill be using that on my Mids/highs amp, then 1/0 for my mono)

8)

between iraggi, dc, and mechman. would i have to call or email them to search for those

prices on for a 120 (or so) amp alt? b/c im pretty much on the same boat as the

O.P.. i've been to ebay and what not and i seen irragi had a 180 amp alt for 309 + shipping..

i have:

kicker zx 1500.1

planet audio bb215(original setup)

jl audio w3 10 (x3) [temp setup]

redtop optima

small shuriken batt n the back..

and i wanna replace my planet audio with a audioque hdc315

You could get away with Big 3 and stock electrical, but don't expect to be pushing all 2k out of the amp.

But alt wise, your 90 will be fine, concentrate on adding a solid under the hood battery. Most people will tell you to go crazy with a new alt and bigass battery in the back, but in all honesty you just need more aH.

between iraggi, dc, and mechman. would i have to call or email them to search for those

prices on for a 120 (or so) amp alt? b/c im pretty much on the same boat as the

O.P.. i've been to ebay and what not and i seen irragi had a 180 amp alt for 309 + shipping..

i have:

kicker zx 1500.1

planet audio bb215(original setup)

jl audio w3 10 (x3) [temp setup]

redtop optima

small shuriken batt n the back..

and i wanna replace my planet audio with a audioque hdc315

Yeah you'll have to email/call them for low prices.

the fuck???

120 amp alt is completely pointless, thats $120-$150 that he could save for later if he wants to upgrade.

As long as the guy isnt ripping on it (like burping for an hour straight) the alt should have too much trouble keeping up. especially with a little extra battery storage

so in theory i can run my planet audio bb 2400.1 of a extra battery and factory alt