08 Envoy Denali 18" AA SMD Build Log (150 db @ 39 hz)

Im gonna classify this as a "money no object" kinda thing, and you can classify me as a "jealous as fuck" kinda guy. I wanna say keep up the good work, but all you did sofar was take carpet up and put dampener on... so ill say, hurry up =P

:drinks:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

The other guy is right, that pic you posted is of a YUKON Denali, Envoy is like the Mini Yukon if you will. Yukon = Tahoe, Envoy = Trailblazer. Edit: Oh and the info I got about the Envoy was off the wikipedia page for it, for something this unimportant I took all of that info as fact when I posted it.

Chris that's kind of it I guess. I've been planning this build since January when I entered in a comp with my 95 saturn. I think I placed something like 12/17 for Class C, but I knew I was going to get obliterated. Over the last 2 years I slowly sank money into the Saturn for only minimal gains and after the comp I decided I wanted to do a build right from the beginning instead of half assing it and slowly upgrading. Planned out what I wanted and how much it was going to cost, and then saved up till I could afford it all. Like the OP says it was originally going to go into a Magnum which I LOVED the look of, but that trunk is just too small for me.

I'm trying to hurry up but I'm still waiting for some things. My Image Dynamics speakers are still shipping to the shop I'm buying from, once I get those I will install them that day. My XS Power batteries are also shipping, the D3100's from what I've been told are on back log and are coming from China so dunno when I will be getting those but the D3400 is on the way. Also was originally going to run the 100.4 as a 4 channel but now I'm going to bridge it to the front so I had to go and re order some 12ga wire instead of the 16ga I had as well as some other small things. Plus I can only work on it on my days off lol

Can't wait to see the finished product. I like the equipment choices too. Keep it up! We want to see more pics!

More pics will come asap, all depends on what comes in when. I work 10-4 tomorrow but I'm HOPING that the speakers come in. If they do I can get the adapter plates made and get the speakers mounted. Need at least my 3400 before I can actually wire up the amp since I don't have enough 4ga to do a front to back run for the 100.4

Edit: Actually thinking about it, I could take one of the power runs to the back and fuse that and run my 4ga on the other side for power, and ground straight to chassis. Might just do that when the speakers come in.

this is gunna be awesome! cant wait to see the finished product

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Nice amps!!

I have a question about your grounds. I'm not familiar with the Envoy, does it have a frame or is it unibody? Don't get me wrong, they look clean and solid, but I ask because I noticed that you grounded to chassis and not to frame. That 4500 is gonna want gobs of current so I'm just wondering if those grounds will be sufficient.

And to Gazoo, do you really have to come into someones build log and tell him that he doesn't have the car that he owns, posted pictures of and drives everyday? Really? You either have too much time on your hands or you just plain fail. And yea, you posted a pic of the wrong Denali.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

I have a question about your grounds. I'm not familiar with the Envoy, does it have a frame or is it unibody? Don't get me wrong, they look clean and solid, but I ask because I noticed that you grounded to chassis and not to frame. That 4500 is gonna want gobs of current so I'm just wondering if those grounds will be sufficient.

x2, and yeah it's body on frame.

There is a grommet in the right rear corner that's perfect for running a ground from the interior to the frame.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Archived