Neo_frog Posted June 24, 2010 Report Posted June 24, 2010 I will admit that I skip posts that have the same questions that have been answered before. It's so tiring trying to explain the same thing seven hundred ways so everybody understands because they don't want to find out for themselves. It takes longer to wait for posters than it does to search. If I come on and see advanced discussions about acoustics or arguments about enclosures, I will join in since it's different, but questions about how to design ports or alt whine I just ignore. I've been working on making a FAQ to surprise everybody here, but it's nowhere near complete yet. I'm still debating how advanced I should make it. It's pretty much a compendium of the many common questions asked that not everybody has answers to. There are a lot of specialty posters that I look up to. Majority of what I've learned was by chasing their posts and picking out all of the useful info they have to offer. Some posters you should chase around are: Boon, HHR Ed, Forevrbumpn, Team Nemesis-DJ, ISO, iceman, and bkolfo4 just to name a few. There are many more so don't be butt hurt if your name is not listed. I just can't think of all of them. Read up, pay attention, and teach others. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
DDlincolnon22's Posted June 24, 2010 Author Report Posted June 24, 2010 I will admit that I skip posts that have the same questions that have been answered before. It's so tiring trying to explain the same thing seven hundred ways so everybody understands because they don't want to find out for themselves. It takes longer to wait for posters than it does to search. If I come on and see advanced discussions about acoustics or arguments about enclosures, I will join in since it's different, but questions about how to design ports or alt whine I just ignore. I've been working on making a FAQ to surprise everybody here, but it's nowhere near complete yet. I'm still debating how advanced I should make it. It's pretty much a compendium of the many common questions asked that not everybody has answers to. There are a lot of specialty posters that I look up to. Majority of what I've learned was by chasing their posts and picking out all of the useful info they have to offer. Some posters you should chase around are: Boon, HHR Ed, Forevrbumpn, Team Nemesis-DJ, ISO, iceman, and bkolfo4 just to name a few. There are many more so don't be butt hurt if your name is not listed. I just can't think of all of them. Read up, pay attention, and teach others. This^ x100000000000. Neo, I really wish I had 1/16th of the knowledge you do. I amaze myself that if I actually take the time and breakdown your posts I can understand them somewhat. I'm not exactly what you would call a noob, but I'm definitely no expert. I would honestly say that you, Forevrbumpn, and HHR Ed are three of the most knowledgeable on the forum, not saying the others you listed aren't I just haven't read their conversations. Anyone that is new that reads this and has questions you should really look for some of Neo_frog, forevrbumpn,and HHr Ed's posts/threads. You could learn a lot from them. Team Digital Devastation My on-going 9518 build
kirill007 Posted June 24, 2010 Report Posted June 24, 2010 You can't expect people to stay 3-4 years on a forum. I agree with people that say the biggest problem is laziness to use the search function or look into different sections of the forum. But not all of the new members are lazy , yesterday there was a guy who posted up a volt guide for setting gains with a DMM, but he hadn't seen the stickied thread. But atleast he makes a effort. But sometimes people need to read waaay more before starting to answer other people's questions.(and giving misinformation.) Oh and i'm from 09-02-20009 some i'm also somewhat a newb (but i have researched on the forum as a guest for almost a year.) Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
DDlincolnon22's Posted June 24, 2010 Author Report Posted June 24, 2010 You can't expect people to stay 3-4 years on a forum. I agree with people that say the biggest problem is laziness to use the search function or look into different sections of the forum. But not all of the new members are lazy , yesterday there was a guy who posted up a volt guide for setting gains with a DMM, but he hadn't seen the stickied thread. But atleast he makes a effort. But sometimes people need to read waaay more before starting to answer other people's questions.(and giving misinformation.) Oh and i'm from 09-02-20009 some i'm also somewhat a newb (but i have researched on the forum as a guest for almost a year.) By no means do I expect anyone to stay here 3-4 years unless they are dedicated to the hobby. Yes there are some new guys that do put up an effort and have very legitimate questions. It's those that just don't want to take the time to do a little digging ,or ask a question and don't get the answer that they want then get all pissy about it that irritate me. The misinformation that I have seen lately has astonished me. People that are truly noobs to this may ask a question and then be misinformed, then when they did something wrong that they thought was right they may want to blame everyone for one persons lack of knowledge. Team Digital Devastation My on-going 9518 build
Neo_frog Posted June 24, 2010 Report Posted June 24, 2010 This^ x100000000000. Neo, I really wish I had 1/16th of the knowledge you do. I amaze myself that if I actually take the time and breakdown your posts I can understand them somewhat. I'm not exactly what you would call a noob, but I'm definitely no expert. I would honestly say that you, Forevrbumpn, and HHR Ed are three of the most knowledgeable on the forum, not saying the others you listed aren't I just haven't read their conversations. Anyone that is new that reads this and has questions you should really look for some of Neo_frog, forevrbumpn,and HHr Ed's posts/threads. You could learn a lot from them. Well thank you! I didn't think anybody really thought that. Each of the members I listed, including myself, have their specific area they can be considered experts. I have my own areas that I know a lot about, but I'm still lacking in others. I'm definitely not the most seasoned member on here, but I do my best and continue to pick brains. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
DDlincolnon22's Posted June 24, 2010 Author Report Posted June 24, 2010 Well thank you! I didn't think anybody really thought that. Each of the members I listed, including myself, have their specific area they can be considered experts. I have my own areas that I know a lot about, but I'm still lacking in others. I'm definitely not the most seasoned member on here, but I do my best and continue to pick brains. Your welcome but there is no need to thank me really. It's all straight up fact man. You got more balls than I do to tackle some of the stuff you do, like the clamshell and the wall. Not only that but you have the knowledge to do it right, something I and quite a few others don't have on something of that scale. It's not unattainable but you have to want to do the research on it. Team Digital Devastation My on-going 9518 build
Autruche Posted June 25, 2010 Report Posted June 25, 2010 I will admit that I skip posts that have the same questions that have been answered before. It's so tiring trying to explain the same thing seven hundred ways so everybody understands because they don't want to find out for themselves. It takes longer to wait for posters than it does to search. If I come on and see advanced discussions about acoustics or arguments about enclosures, I will join in since it's different, but questions about how to design ports or alt whine I just ignore. I've been working on making a FAQ to surprise everybody here, but it's nowhere near complete yet. I'm still debating how advanced I should make it. It's pretty much a compendium of the many common questions asked that not everybody has answers to. There are a lot of specialty posters that I look up to. Majority of what I've learned was by chasing their posts and picking out all of the useful info they have to offer. Some posters you should chase around are: Boon, HHR Ed, Forevrbumpn, Team Nemesis-DJ, ISO, iceman, and bkolfo4 just to name a few. There are many more so don't be butt hurt if your name is not listed. I just can't think of all of them. Read up, pay attention, and teach others. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with the idea for a FAQ section. Perhaps it would be a decent idea to start a thread in the general section to see what kind of stuff should be found and to allow others to post stuff they thought was helpful? I love this site, and I'd hate to see it's downfall, so I think we should all try to work together and create this because the search doesn't do you any good if you don't know how to speak the lingo. For instance for 3 years I have wanted to use a relay in my vehicle to control my power inverter turning on and off with the key, but I didn't know what a relay was until I found a thread called "Multile Amps Or Accesories On Remote Lead" even though I had been trying to find out about it for about 2-1/2 years at that time. I think starting a thread and letting noobs post info they found helpful would be a great start. Then let it grow more technical over time by starting an advanced one for advanced users. Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!My Saab 9000 build1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spdPioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE AudioJust Say No To Rear SpeakersJust Say No To CCA WireReal Men Drive StickHit me up on Facebook, if you want
DDlincolnon22's Posted June 26, 2010 Author Report Posted June 26, 2010 A FAQ section is a great idea. Something like that could really benefit this site. Team Digital Devastation My on-going 9518 build
alvitae Posted June 26, 2010 Report Posted June 26, 2010 I'm rehashing what has already been posted but from what I have seen, The "experts" get mad when someone asks a question that has been answered instead of searching and are rude to the "noob". The "noob" think he don't care if the same question has been answered before he wants to talk about his hobby since this is a board dedicated to talking about it, gets disgusted with the a**holishness and leaves or doesnt visit very often.
tejcurrent Posted June 26, 2010 Report Posted June 26, 2010 I'm rehashing what has already been posted but from what I have seen, The "experts" get mad when someone asks a question that has been answered instead of searching and are rude to the "noob". The "noob" think he don't care if the same question has been answered before he wants to talk about his hobby since this is a board dedicated to talking about it, gets disgusted with the a**holishness and leaves or doesnt visit very often. But you get the blind leading the blind. When people are too lazy to search or scroll down and see that their exact question was answered a few weeks ago it's irritating after a while. There are many more active members, but I've wasted too much of my time trying to help people who just ignore my advice. I don't know it all by any means, but why should I type up a thousand word response to someone that answers their question in great detail, then do it again a week later for the next person who can't read before starting a thread? Also when noobs start becoming disrespectful and ignoring good advice it's like they came to this forum (which I've grown attached to) and shit on the figurative door mat. tejcurrent XS Power T3
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.