are you fusing the wire from alt to battery??

in most cases for people that dont really know what they are doing and playing it safe not to blow up their car, they fuse it... i ran mine non fused for a little over a year but decided to fuse it since i had a fuse holder and fuse laying around better be safe then sorry fuck it..

op.. 5 dollar a foot is laughable when you go in to a car audio shop attack them with knowledge ask hella questions like is this amp .5 stable bla bla bla tell em you got like 4 18's ur hella loud.. and they will eventually start giving you discounts. if i ever need wire shops around here i tell em meade is my uncle and they hook it up lol.. cuz they dont knwo anyone else toher then steve and me running 18's with lots of power so they fall for it lol....

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Fusing is always a good thing. You should up the ampacity of your blocks though. 100A is not enough. 250-300A will do fine and protect the wire.

I got eight runs of 1/0, eight amps, two alts, ten batteries....and 0 fuses lol.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Fusing is always a good thing. You should up the ampacity of your blocks though. 100A is not enough. 250-300A will do fine and protect the wire.

I got eight runs of 1/0, eight amps, two alts, ten batteries....and 0 fuses lol.

thats the difference between someone who knows what they are doing and some who is a noob lol

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Shouldn't the fuse be there to protect the battery and alternator in a worst case scenario? So if he has a 70 amp alt and a 100 amp fuse isn't that more than enough?and if he uses a 250 or 300 amp Fuse isn't that just like not having a fuse at all since the battery and or alt will go out way before the fuse should something go wrong.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

You don't have to have that fuse there, but people like to add it as a safety precaution.

Running that 1/0 will not burn up your alt or battery. And you should have gone higher on the fuse than a 100 though, should have put a 300A in there.

you are fusing to protect the wire if a live wire shorts out you are going to burn your car to the ground . Is the twenty dollar fuse holder and fuse worth that?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you are fusing to protect the wire if a live wire shorts out you are going to burn your car to the ground . Is the twenty dollar fuse holder and fuse worth that?

This is very true. So putting a 300A fuse in could only help it.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

thats the difference between someone who knows what they are doing and some who is a noob lol

ya well just wait till his car burns to the ground one day.

Edited by Integra_boomer

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

ya well just wait till his car burns to the ground one day.

umm..I dont see Neo_frog's car burning to the ground anytime soon. 8)

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

well finally finished the alt. charge wire a few days ago. I noticed a difference even with the 100A fuse.

f8f9cfee29df.jpg5c8440d0c273.jpg

d1c535279083.jpgb7f49fe8ae36.jpg

Also finished 3rd place again @ a midwest spl event in Pittsburg, KS. I hit 142.1dB this time, without the buddys on my trunk lol, and second hit 142.1dB too but i guess the TL went to hundrenth's and the guy beat me by that.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

I have a question for anyone who is willing and sorry OP i'm not trying to thread jack, i just don't wanna make a thread about it.

Why is it a good idea to fuse based on the size of the wire vs the actual amount of current going through it at any given time?

Heres an example.

I have a walmart ever start battery, if i had 0 gauge wire as my big three why should i use a 300 amp fuse? My battery would NEVER blow it and the car would burn to the ground even with the fuse.

Wouldn't it just be best to put a fuse based on how much current comes from the alt?

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.