Sundown Audio

Crescendo Audio 3K

magillaru

I just installed my new Crescendo Audio 3KW, XS Power Battery, and upgraded my electrical (the Big 3) and the amp is hardly pushing the subs.

I just replaced my PPI PCX2400 amp with the Crescendo. I have 2 JL Audio 13W7's.

All the wiring is right, connections are good, HU settings are the same as before, etc.

I just called my local car audio shop to ask them what might be the problem and they told me to turn the gain on the amp up, turn the bass level on the HU up, and turn the bass knob up. *I did not take there advice for all the obvious reasons!

They also told me that as far as quality, that the PPI amp is a lot better and the Crescendo Audio amp is basically a piece of crap (in other words they never heard of it, so it must be crap - I told them it's a Zenon based board and it's basically the same as a Sundown amp - they had no idea what I was talking about).

I was expecting this amp and all my new upgrades to knock the doors off, considering that the PPI sounded pretty decent when it was in there. I don't know what the problem is. I need help!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

More info..

how you have them wired, what your gain settings are at, are you using bass boost?

idk, like they said, voltage could be a factor, but if you aren't careful and it is voltage you'll have some fried hardware soon

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

More info..

how you have them wired, what your gain settings are at, are you using bass boost?

idk, like they said, voltage could be a factor, but if you aren't careful and it is voltage you'll have some fried hardware soon

have em wired at 2 ohms, gain is little over half way up...I'll have to do some more inspecting. Thanks guys.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

I meant the voltage your gain is at. You need to use a dmm and oscope when setting your gains..

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Archived