Odd Question That Needs Answered...

Ok so my question is did something happen, when the people that are currently like 36-45 were teens, that would make them think that car audio is despicable and wrong? The reason i ask is because my parents seem to think that my love of bass and want of subs in my car is the devil. They refuse to listen me. I asked them nicely if i could get a h/o alt, and they flipped shit. So i just want to know if there is something that happened to that generation or what because it is friggin ridiculous. And they don't understand anything car audio and they try to tell me how to do stuff with it. So ya did something happen to that generation?

And no cool story bro, post-dumping b/s...mods are getting ticked from what i saw in another thread.

Im not snubbing them or being rude, ive been respectful and honest.

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Ok so my question is did something happen, when the people that are currently like 36-45 were teens, that would make them think that car audio is despicable and wrong? The reason i ask is because my parents seem to think that my love of bass and want of subs in my car is the devil. They refuse to listen me. I asked them nicely if i could get a h/o alt, and they flipped shit. So i just want to know if there is something that happened to that generation or what because it is friggin ridiculous. And they don't understand anything car audio and they try to tell me how to do stuff with it. So ya did something happen to that generation?

And no cool story bro, post-dumping b/s...mods are getting ticked from what i saw in another thread.

Im not snubbing them or being rude, ive been respectful and honest.

Well I am 40 and there is a lot of people on the Forum between 35-45, you would be surprised. So I don't think its the age group as it is probably personal preference from your parents. Also a lot of competitions that I have been to there has been a surprising amount of older people competing.

nothing to do with age man. your parents are probably just pissed cuz they dont see you getting anything out of it, as opposed to saving the cash for something that would benefit your future. my parents weren't wild about it either, and didn't understand it.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

some rents are just pricks and dont understand... they think that your wwasting your time and money and should be saving for collage or something :P

btw some rents like it! my dad helps me out all the time and my step mom is the designated hairtrick girl when no ladies are around B)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Everybody is different. I meet older people that love it, and I meet older people that hate it. I went to my buddies cookout one day, and when his uncle came over (50 something), he said he heard me driving by his house and asked for a demo. Some people will just like it, and some people just won't, it's always gonna be like that.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Back in our day Heavy Metal (ACDC, Gun n Roses ect...), which aint the shit they have now days our parents thought was devil music. It's all a personal preference. Age aint nothing but a number.

when I was around 17 my parents hated it bcuz they said it will get you nothing in life but a bad ear when your older & the money issue bcuz I wasn't working at the time. Now they are more lenient & actually asked me to install a new h/u & speakers all around. I guess it differs from everyone some hate it some love it.

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

nothing to do with age man. your parents are probably just pissed cuz they dont see you getting anything out of it, as opposed to saving the cash for something that would benefit your future. my parents weren't wild about it either, and didn't understand it.

I'm not really spending any money on it (live with step-dad and mom, real dad bought all of it and upgrades have been selling and trading no outside cash). have an 88 buick and it keeps having all kinds of electrical problems and i thikn they think it is the audio, but i think it is the mice i see scurrie out when i come outside.

some rents are just pricks and dont understand... they think that your wwasting your time and money and should be saving for collage or something :P

btw some rents like it! my dad helps me out all the time and my step mom is the designated hairtrick girl when no ladies are around B)

Idk...i tried explaining the benefit of a h/o alt, and they said but then you have to get a bracket and i said it come with one, adnd then they said well you dont need it and i just walked away.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)