Odd Question That Needs Answered...

I have been into car audio since I was a teenager and I am 40 now... I am STILL into it... I try to keep my son interested in it, Kool-Aid... I would rather my son be into car audio and spend all his money on that rather than sitting on a street corner hitting a crack pipe... So what if he gets a NOISE POLLUTION ticket... Rather have that than an ARMED ROBBERY charge...

My Parents think its cool..They even gave me the nick name "Boom Boom" Lmao... and i live in a neighborhood with mostly old people and they think its cool to. Except for my friends mom she yells at me all the time haha but she is just like that she yells for no reason most of the time..I guess just depends on the person..

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

i think its just is different from person to person ..... like my parents my step dad and mom HATE it they make me park outside our three car garage and tell me im not allowed and im like ill pay to park inside so its less risk of my stuff getting stolen and my moms like i hope it does that stupid to have all tha money into your car and they made me take my alarm off my car because it went off 3 nights in a row at like 430 in the morning and i was like someones gonna steal my shit can i plz park in the garage and she got pissed and ripped my alarm off the car....but my dad and step mom love it, as long as i dont have it full tilt in the driveway or something they are fine and they park both their cars outside so i can park my car inside the garage so nothing happens to it and if i forget to lock my doors even just to run in the house to get something i get bitched at for days.

it just varies from person to person , if it something you love it doesnt matter what they say just do what you want and have a passion for.

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

It varies from person to person. When I first started competeing, I thought it would be a bunch of teens and 20 somethings. To my surprise, all the LOUDEST vehicles are owned by 30+ year olds. I mean, I'm sure Boyd Heaton isn't that young and his jeep is BANGIN!

yeah, def different from person to person. i agree with one of the above posts that stated the rock & loud music was devil music at 1 point in time. i think that has something to do with the way it's looked at by certain generations today. just cuz we like it loud doesn't mean we are bad people. playing music loud is how music was suppose to be heard. look at concerts in all genres of music from classical to death metal... they are all played on monstrously loud systems so you can feel the music like the artists/composers intended. it's true some people have the wrong agenda when installing or paying to have someone install a system in their ride (like getting attention), but it really is a person to person thing. some people like beer, others like wine... it's just the natural differences in people.

Edited by InfiniteRuckus

I have been into car audio since I was a teenager and I am 40 now... I am STILL into it... I try to keep my son interested in it, Kool-Aid... I would rather my son be into car audio and spend all his money on that rather than sitting on a street corner hitting a crack pipe... So what if he gets a NOISE POLLUTION ticket... Rather have that than an ARMED ROBBERY charge...

Taking that a bit too far there aint ya daddy??? lol

i'm 40 and myself like some of the others have been into car audio since i was a teenager in some way shape or form, i enjoy it more now than i did when i was younger. for some it's just not there cup of tea, as for me it just keeps getting more interesting with the technological advancement of equipment and fabrication. your parents were just probably never into car audio so they have a different outlook on things and as said before they probably think you could be doing better things with your money.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

My mom's told me point blank that's why she doesn't mind helping me when I decide to spend money on some hobby of mine. I have my bills, and I pay them. I save a little money, and when I decide I want something I do the research and get whatever's the best bang for my buck.

But she's also told me if I become irresponsible, and blow all my money (on drugs or anything) and can no longer support myself (to a certain degree anyway) I'll be out on my ass. XD

My dad is the same way for the most part. Actually he's the one that called up one of his friends to help me build my box this weekend.

Both my parents support me financially and emotionally (for lack of a better word) when it comes to my hobbies. They won't pay for things out right, but they do make it so that I actually CAN buy these things. I personally think that's what parents should do. Make your children work for the things they want, but don't make it unnecessarily hard just because you can.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

they think that your wwasting your time and money and should be saving for collage or something :P

Irony? lol But really, these guys got you covered. After I proved to my parents that this is what I love, and that I actually have learned A LOT dealing with electronics, they let it slide. I'm currently attending Penn State for electrical engineering so a lot of these things are interrelated and it works out. :)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Yeah i think the answer is pretty unanimous, its different with who you meet. Some people have it better than others with cool parents. My dad and i are mechanics, try explaining to him why a car needs anything aftermarket...

If i told him i wanted a high out alt he would tell me how it shouldn't pass inspection. (but then i tell him that i work at an inspection station :rofl: :rofl: )

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.