Voltage is all over the place

some cars ive seen have the voltage monitored by the ECU. the ECU would limit the power when there arent many accessories being used and would bump it up when there is more of a demand. someone tell me if i am wrong.

no u r right

and off topic i want dat bzr when u upgrade it

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

This. I have a '06 Chevy HHR and I have a DC 320A but still stock ECU. It'll still pull that shit where ill be driving and my voltage is 12.7 and then ill blare it and it'll drop then ill lay off a few seconds and then it progress' to 14.8 and I bang more and then it stays there, so I kind of found the way to cheat it but I still want my XS Power VCM.

Did you already know how to fix this? If you incorporate the negative inductive pickup (that bar over the stock negative pickup) it will see the load and respond. I didn't bother doing it on mine (waiting to sell a couple things to get a MLA) mainly because there is far too much wire that I would have to cram through there. We'll see which wins out, me getting the cash or going out and modifying that pickup.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I bet if I ran my 4 channel through there it would be enough to get it to up the voltage...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

some cars ive seen have the voltage monitored by the ECU. the ECU would limit the power when there arent many accessories being used and would bump it up when there is more of a demand. someone tell me if i am wrong.

That is 100% correct......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Ordered a XS Power VCM yesterday.

Thanks for the help.

That is not going to work, XS power does not offer a VCM to work with the 2005 and newer 2 pin regulator.

2005 and newer vehicles with the square 2 pin regulator use and inductive load sensing pickup to determine how much amperage is flowing to the battery. Based off of this data, the ECM will lower the voltage as low as 13.0 volts. This was an intentional engineered function by GM to increase battery and alternator life, as well as fuel economy when cruising. Any time you do the "Big 3" upgrade to these vehicles, it creates additional current paths for alternator current to "sneak" by the sensor, which only worsens the problem.

If you absolutely HAVE to have higher voltage going to your amps, adding a second, independent alternator is the best bet. We generally add a second 270 amp alternator next to the OEM alternator, leaving all of the stock wiring, alternator, and front battery stock to power the truck. We then run dedicated positive and ground cables from the secondary alternator to a separate battery bank in the back of the truck. The vehicle's computer is completely unaffected by the secondary charging system, so it can safely charge 12 volt batteries at 14.9 volts, or 14 volt batteries as high as 17.2 volts.

M.

That is not going to work, XS power does not offer a VCM to work with the 2005 and newer 2 pin regulator.

I thought it was 2006+ which is why I didn't say anything about the VCM, but there are guys on here running an MLA on DR alts. Do you have any experience with them Matthew?

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I was at carlisle this weekend and a guy with a trail blazer ss was having to deal with the same shit and was told there is no support from xspower on it. I believe the case is a cs 1344 ( I THINK) or something like that where it does not fit any other chevy engine except that.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived