getting a new car what you guys think

I pay just under $260 a month full coverage, every discount available, and a $150 deductible... Insurance is optioned out just for my Blazer and I'm 19 with 0 insurance raising tickets.

edit: I hope you have a good job, b/c gas and insurance on that thing is gonna eat you alive... My Blazer 15 or less mpg city FTL... That thing prolly 12...

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I pay just under $260 a month full coverage, every discount available, and a $150 deductible... Insurance is optioned out just for my Blazer and I'm 19 with 0 insurance raising tickets.

edit: I hope you have a good job, b/c gas and insurance on that thing is gonna eat you alive... My Blazer 15 or less mpg city FTL... That thing prolly 12...

12 highway if it has the same gas guzzling feature as my truck and whoever said something about the fuel pump is exactly right. The only good thing is parts are cheap and plentiful.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yeah its gonna suck on insurance lol im 16 and got a navi which is like $250 a month for full coverage and i dunno yet for the extra coverage for the tv headrest and shit lol

2000 lincoln navigator 4 Lanzar 15s (Soon to be 4 TFS Guvment Cheezes)

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

12 highway if it has the same gas guzzling feature as my truck and whoever said something about the fuel pump is exactly right. The only good thing is parts are cheap and plentiful.

LOL It will actually be worse than your truck (well, not including the system). You carry air in that bed of yours. They'll be carrying seats and such.

Though DANG. That's the same number my dad gets in his "not quite 3/4 ton". 4WD and/or 4.10 gearing?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

LOL It will actually be worse than your truck (well, not including the system). You carry air in that bed of yours. They'll be carrying seats and such.

Though DANG. That's the same number my dad gets in his "not quite 3/4 ton". 4WD and/or 4.10 gearing?

4wd drive and heavy foot. I think its got the 4.10 gears as well. oh well I dont drive it much so its not that big a deal.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Id get it if your not a big traveler... if you drive all over the state alike a fool I woulds. Gas would be incredible and shit would start breakin down faster

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Idk about the price, that thing will probably be nothing but trouble at that age and those miles. You can get a pretty decent car/truck for that price...

'08 Nissan Titan Pro-4X CC LWB

1.5 Inch leveling kit

DDM 55w HIDs

Interior LEDs

2 RE10D4s in tech12 ported enclosure, US AMPS 800.2

Idk about the price, that thing will probably be nothing but trouble at that age and those miles. You can get a pretty decent car/truck for that price...

Actually, beside the problems already listed, this era of GM trucks are fairly trouble free. That 5.7 is a cockroach. I've personally seen a couple those things go over 300,000 miles and still be solid. On occasion I'll see our old Suburban, and when we got rid of it it had over 280k. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

My worries come in with me wondering if the previous owner(s) took care of the truck.

EDIT: Though I don't follow Escalade prices, I do think the price is about 4-5 thousand too high. You can't get around the fact that its a 13 year old truck.

I can buy an Escalade that's five or so years newer for 1000 more.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

yeah the engine will probably last u forever idk about the tranny just give its regular maintance and continue to baby the truck as far as the mpg i dont know its only gonna go down if u add bigger wheels and the extra weight of a sound system

cowboys_logo.gif