pastel (I think?) sketches of .. you..

I was at a fair today (Butler fair in Prospect/Butler Pennsylvania) and there was a tent there with 2-3 people in it doing pastel sketches (I guess that's what you'd call it). For $10 you got a sketch of your head, $15 and you got your head and body (totally not worth it.. your body was really small and head still huge) and then prices went up from there for .. I don't know what else they would include as I wasn't interested.

That's cool if you have that talent, good for you. But cmon...seriously? If you get one of these sketches, what do you do with it (the sketch) ? You look at it, pay (or maybe you pay before..I don't know) and then what? Are you going to take it home and get it framed? Doubt it. Are you going to take it home and show "the guys" when they come over? Doubt it..

So why get it?

If you're a grown ass man getting pastels.......... someone finish it. :|

Well I didn't stick around very long, but I walked by the tent twice, once there was a man getting one... other time there was a guy holding a baby (like maybe 2-3 months old) and the sketch was of just the baby.

I guess with the baby one it would be "cute" or w/e but are you going to keep that for 10+ years and then show it to the kid later .. or?

Well I didn't stick around very long, but I walked by the tent twice, once there was a man getting one... other time there was a guy holding a baby (like maybe 2-3 months old) and the sketch was of just the baby.

I guess with the baby one it would be "cute" or w/e but are you going to keep that for 10+ years and then show it to the kid later .. or?

LOL I wasn't directing it to you. Just in general.

Caricatures or pastels? I had a friend who's parents got some made of him and his siblings when they were 6 years old or so. Like 20 years later they still hang, framed on a wall.

Caricatures, I guess is what they are ..I admit, I had to google that :)

I very highly doubt that *most* people will get them framed or anything, though.. so it's just a waste of money, for real..

Caricatures, I guess is what they are ..I admit, I had to google that :)

I very highly doubt that *most* people will get them framed or anything, though.. so it's just a waste of money, for real..

Not everything is for you guys sheese....... but you know some guys that would want to surprise their girlfriend or wife would prolly get one done just for the hell of it.

I don't see the problem, just someone trying to get their money on, and I don't see a problem buying one. 10$, that's cheap for a self portrait... Just a lil fun thing to do, crack jokes, throw around the house somewhere...

Now if they are charging like 100$ a portrait, that can be kind of weird...