Jump to content

For those with ddmtuning hids... how are they holding up?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ive got the 55watt 6Ks and they are fine. I plan to do a retrofit soon where im gonna need h1 bulbs instead of the 9006. And im gonna go with DDM again. Only problem i had is when i ordered the site didnt say they were backordered .... so it took me a month to get them.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Posted

I ordered the 6ks with 35w last night and they just called me to let me know they were out of 6Ks but had 5Ks in and that works out better for me actually. Shipping today he said. $62 shipped 2nd day air

what bulb though? I need h4 bixenon ;)

Posted

i got a $200 set of maxcar 8000k 35w low beams and just got me a set of 8000k 35w ddm hi/lows and i cant tell the difference in intensity ecept with the high beam part, i love ddm and will get another set of hids for my other car

i talked my buddy into gettin some hids and he got the 55w 8000k 9007 hi/lows and he loves the hell out of em, they bright as shit and can see everything

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Posted

Ive purchased 17 sets over the last 8 months.

Only had 1 failure, then sent out a new ballast and all is good.

No complaints.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

what bulb though? I need h4 bixenon ;)

they dont run bixenon, they use a lil solenoid that moves the bulb back n forth for low and high beam so u dont have a pause for waiting for the high beams to come on, they use the same bulb but it moves back n forth to get more light output, vs most other companies that have 2 individual hid bulbs, 1 for low beam, and 1 for high beam

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Posted

I have 35W 6000K. The way the light reflects off of signs and hiding cop cars is amazing. It has saved me from many tickets.

Posted

I guess I could post pictures of a distance test. I have a baseball field in my development that you can park about 450 feet from the backstop and I can see the backstop perfect with the 55 watt high kit in the truck and can see it pretty good with the 35 watt kit in the lows. I can spot light deer with the headlights.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Glad i seen this i was just about to post the same thing, i am about to order some, 35watt 6 or 8k im undecided right now.

Posted

they dont run bixenon, they use a lil solenoid that moves the bulb back n forth for low and high beam so u dont have a pause for waiting for the high beams to come on, they use the same bulb but it moves back n forth to get more light output, vs most other companies that have 2 individual hid bulbs, 1 for low beam, and 1 for high beam

Hehe, I didn't know any companies used 2 bulbs, that's not really bixenon.. it's bad wording on their part. Bixenon is the little metal piece that moves to change how the light is output :D and that's what I need/want (want highbeam..)

I am going to get either 55w 8000k or 35w 6000k. I had 35w 6000k from a different (shitty ebay) company before, and they were plenty bright.. but it never hurts to have a little more light rofl.. but like I said I don't want the cops fucking with me.

I want them to be 6000k (I'd get 8000k with 55w because 55w washes out the color some) not 5000k I want a lightly blue tint :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 508 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...