For those with ddmtuning hids... how are they holding up?

I guess I could post pictures of a distance test. I have a baseball field in my development that you can park about 450 feet from the backstop and I can see the backstop perfect with the 55 watt high kit in the truck and can see it pretty good with the 35 watt kit in the lows. I can spot light deer with the headlights.

oh please do :)

Glad i seen this i was just about to post the same thing, i am about to order some, 35watt 6 or 8k im undecided right now.

If you're getting 35w, it depends.. do you want them to be fairly blue? Or just a very slight blue tint (doesn't show on road.. but will on buildings, etc.) 8000k if you want a fairly blue tint, 6000k if you want just barely blue :D Also 6000k will be a tad brighter, supposedly.

well Im dropping the truck off to get the SSBC brakes done tonight after work so possibly on wednesday night.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hehe, I didn't know any companies used 2 bulbs, that's not really bixenon.. it's bad wording on their part. Bixenon is the little metal piece that moves to change how the light is output :D and that's what I need/want (want highbeam..)

I am going to get either 55w 8000k or 35w 6000k. I had 35w 6000k from a different (shitty ebay) company before, and they were plenty bright.. but it never hurts to have a little more light rofl.. but like I said I don't want the cops fucking with me.

I want them to be 6000k (I'd get 8000k with 55w because 55w washes out the color some) not 5000k I want a lightly blue tint :)

0,0,284,18929,360,360,7dbfa6fa.jpg

ya they make dual bulb hid kits, some companies use 2 hid bulbs but some use a hid bulb for low beam and a halogen for high beam witch i think looks like shit

but ddm uses a lil metal piece that moves to change it from low beam and high beam, my buddy has 55w 8000k and it looks alot like 6000k but depends on what kinda headlight asemblies u have too, i got stock shit ones that im gunna replace with crystal clears, he has the crystal clears from factory in his f550 and loves the hell out of his hids, easy to wire up but they could of added 2 plugs instead of 1 to take the place of the grounds u need at the ballasts, or add a ground wire to it to hook at battery were pos is

some factory wireing harnesses will alow a 35w hid kit but i dunno bout 55w but they got a relay kit that takes some of the strain off the stock wires, i think its like $10 or so

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

0,0,284,18929,360,360,7dbfa6fa.jpg

ya they make dual bulb hid kits, some companies use 2 hid bulbs but some use a hid bulb for low beam and a halogen for high beam witch i think looks like shit

but ddm uses a lil metal piece that moves to change it from low beam and high beam, my buddy has 55w 8000k and it looks alot like 6000k but depends on what kinda headlight asemblies u have too, i got stock shit ones that im gunna replace with crystal clears, he has the crystal clears from factory in his f550 and loves the hell out of his hids, easy to wire up but they could of added 2 plugs instead of 1 to take the place of the grounds u need at the ballasts, or add a ground wire to it to hook at battery were pos is

some factory wireing harnesses will alow a 35w hid kit but i dunno bout 55w but they got a relay kit that takes some of the strain off the stock wires, i think its like $10 or so

Well, that's shit lols .. dunno why you'd buy that, sure it probably cost more. I see the website, fucking china shit.. (talking about the pic you posted)

I have 2 harnesses so if I need one I'm good :D unless it's a different harness (don't really think it would be.. but we'll just have to see I suppose)

I have done a bunch of sets in the past year.

the only problems I have had is from the set I put on my pops Navigator. I did the Apexcone 55w 8k Hi/Lo. Had a ballast go bad on me then the harness went bad...DDM took care of both issues. Only thing i dont like about there CS is the fact that when I had both problems...DDM wanted the old equipment back before they would send me new shit. So my dad was without headlights for over a week. Both times. Also didnt like having to pay shipping for a faulty product.

Other than that I have done the highs and lows on my truck, my moms Impala, my dads Harley, a neighbors 300 and his motorcycle and my dads navigator hi/lo and fog lights. I have had not problems with any of them.

If your gonna go with DDM i would suggest buying the DDM kits.. the ballast is much smaller and makes installation that much easier.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Mine are holding up great I have 55w high/low beams and 35w low beams both 8k, I've had m fog light housing sumbmerged in water and it works fine, they are briight as hell and the best hids considering the price and warrenty imo

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i dont care much for them, shipping took forever, and when i got them the damn ballast went out after an hour of using, and now 5 months later, the other ballast is going out. so now im going to have to send them back to get replacements. so damn lol they are cheap and very bright/nice lights though

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Archived