boomin Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 So ive been looking for an xbox since mine got RROD, and I found one on CL for cheap. It's modded already to play burnt games so thats a plus, and it was a great price so I went to the dudes house, tested it and brought it home. As soon as I get home, the POS got the RROD!!!!! What the **** is going on!?! But now I'm starting to think it's a scam....first of all, the dude wanted $125, yet he took $80 for it...he was pretty rich but come on, it was worth $100 at least (if it ran) It worked fine at his house he even put in a game, but now it won't even turn on w/o RROD....heres the signs why I think it's a scam: -the dude INSISTED on us meeting at his house, after trying to get him to meet me at walmart for 5 days i just said screw it and drove to his house.....leading me to believe that it's rigged , just so now he can say "DUDE WTF YOU SAW IT WORKING FINE, YOUR NOT GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK" -He says it "sometimes" freezes and once had RROD but it got fixed -he took a lowball offer ($80 for a xbox 360 thats unlocked?!?) even if it was older non HDMI it has to be worth more -he seems to have quite a shady knowledge of the law in FL regarding used stuff (I will get back to this later) So I called him back saying it doesn't work, and he's saying it was working fine me and my buddy i went with saw it working %100 and theres no way that could happen and I could have screwed with it to rip him off (why would i buy someones xbox, purposely break it 2 hours later, and ask for a refund?). And to top it all off, he knows all about the law in FL saying "FL law says used items are sold as is and i dont need to give you a refund" So the big picture to me, seems like this: He's desperate to sell it, took a lowball offer. He did the towel trick or some other ghetto rig to make the xbox work for 20 min, just enough time to show me it "worked". Then he awaited a phone call, with the perfect defense that I purposely ****ed it up, and that all sales are final items sold as is defense... My questions are: 1) Is there a way to get an xbox w/ RROD to work temporarily, just enough time to show someone it worked so when they call later saying it broke theres nothing you can do? 2) WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!? I called him back and he says he knows a dude who could fix it, but theres no way in hell im getting my money back...I'm pretty ****ing pissed I'm poor as **** trying to save for a xbox and computer for school this fall (and car stereo ) Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated. CLIFFS: -bought xbox, worked fine -brought it home, got RROD instantly -called dude back, he won't give refund -what do i do now? F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap
EricR Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 tl;dr What you do now is not buy shit off craigs list. I will never buy anything off there. i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
tyhead Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 I'd call bcpballer. I guess he might be a hitman now
boomin Posted July 9, 2010 Author Report Posted July 9, 2010 tl;dr What you do now is not buy shit off craigs list. I will never buy anything off there. when you have no job, and are next to broke, craiglist is your ONLY option....I couldn't afford to drop $300 on a new one. F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap
byers319 Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 I'd call bcpballer. I guess he might be a hitman now assuming things much?
BeatBox Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 I'd call bcpballer. I guess he might be a hitman now hahaha with the rifle topic ^^^ I think theres places you can get parts to fix it your self, check out on youtube theres videos too. Buying stuff off craigslist is kinda risky but thats a risk you take when buying used stuff from ppl u dont know, most will be upfront and tell you if anything is wrong. it might of been messed u when HE had it and told you it wasnt. sucks to hear hope you can get it fixed
Berto Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 I don't think an RROD fix is ever permanent if its done by an average joe. So maybe he really got it fixed and you were unlucky enough to get it when the fix wore out? But on your side, IIRC there are a couple of ways to give an RROD xbox a quick fix. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
tyhead Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 assuming things much? Haha, i was just kidding. i know he's a good guy, i saw what he did for you
mbdblue Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 this is gonna sound weird....but mine has done this to me twice...and has gone back to working fine both times. but if your up to doin anything to see if itll work, turn the system on, get the red ring, then disconnect the inlet plug in the back (the one that goes to the inverter, then to the outlet). I dont know why, but Ive done that both times ive gotten the ring and it went back to normal. anything else man your pretty much screwed gettin your money back. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
byers319 Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 haha alright just checkin, i got his back and dont want bullshit spread around not gonna lie tho that rifle post is kinda out there
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.