BanginOnABudget Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 dbl post. give me the number on the xbox and i will tell you if its fixable. EDIT: rrod means alot of things guys. could be anything from a split processor to just thermal paste. there is not set in stone fix. here, just boy this. http://www.cowboom.com/store/productDetails.cfm?contentID=704451 cowboom is legit, best buy owns them. im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
lexus864 Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 damn that sucks CDA-9831 ALPINE COMPONENTS ORION 400.2 Rockford t40001bd 2 Fi Btl 18's ford Explorer
raytard Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 if he went through the trouble of rigging it, wouldnt he just fix it while he's at it? if he wanted to scam you wouldnt he just not waste his time rigging it and meet you somewhere where you cant test it and then just not answer your phonecalls? and look at it from this side, you said your xbox RROD'd, how does he know you didnt just buy his for 80 bux, call him back and say its broken, and give him back your RROD'd xbox and get your money back too? Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
chevyman217 Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 Damn dude that sucks. I agree with superdave07 on the paper bag stunt. lol Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!" Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby. Things that I am allergic too.... Haters Bitch Notes
Slawsen Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 Don't mess with the xbox until you check the actual error. Look up how to read the xbox rrod error codes, that will tell you if its even a overheating problem.. 00' Nissan Xterra Always under construction :] HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2 Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.
loganlovesbass Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 idk if its beed said because i just read op, towel trick it then try to clear system catche under the memory then bress y then do it. thats all i can tell you. is it bass yet?
Freshman6969 Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 well mine old one has RROD and after having it sit for a month or two it worked for maybe 20mins tops, i was never able to do the towel trick or anything like that due to it would shut off >< just my .02 Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k! Why would you EVER WANT flex?huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct? My FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog
boomin Posted July 9, 2010 Author Report Posted July 9, 2010 I don't have $300 to slap down for a new xbox either. So you know what I did? ..I didn't buy an xbox. and sorry, but I highly doubt he tricked you. YOU want to meet him at walmart, but he doesn't want to meet you there? He wants you to meet him at HIS HOUSE (...) .. where you can make sure it works. Hmm.. If he were to trick you, wouldn't he meet you at walmart? You wouldn't know for sure if it worked, and you wouldn't know where he lives. I don't know much about xbox 360's but maybe you bumped it wrong and it messed up the fix (when it wad fixed before) or something or maybe you just happened to get it and it died (is your luck really that bad? damn.. ) Well if we did meet at walmart, and i brought it home and it didn't work, if I called him back saying it didn't work he would HAVE to give me back my money, b/c no one knows if it worked or not. But if he rigs it with the towel trick 5 min before I show up, and infront of 2 witnesses it worked fine, how am i supposed to call him out on it and say it's broke? thats how the scam works! And he knows im just a kid I dont have guns what am i going to do key his car you think he gives a fuck about some kid half his age? And I am NOT a dumbass, I know a scam from a good deal, but this was a freak incident...I SAW the thing working so did my buddy, the old owner rigged it. I can't afford to go to best buy, $200 is too much. I just gotta pay a local dude $25 to get it fixed with 1 year warranty. Should I make the old owner at least help out? oh and btw i could care less about online play i just want free games im not doing what i did for the original xbox spending $50 per game having 20 games over time and selling the 20 games + xbox + controllers for $90 at a garage sale. F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap
somerandomguy Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 Well if we did meet at walmart, and i brought it home and it didn't work, if I called him back saying it didn't work he would HAVE to give me back my money, b/c no one knows if it worked or not. But if he rigs it with the towel trick 5 min before I show up, and infront of 2 witnesses it worked fine, how am i supposed to call him out on it and say it's broke? thats how the scam works! And he knows im just a kid I dont have guns what am i going to do key his car you think he gives a fuck about some kid half his age? And I am NOT a dumbass, I know a scam from a good deal, but this was a freak incident...I SAW the thing working so did my buddy, the old owner rigged it. I can't afford to go to best buy, $200 is too much. I just gotta pay a local dude $25 to get it fixed with 1 year warranty. Should I make the old owner at least help out? If you meet him at walmart, how is he going to HAVE to pay you back.. you don't know where he lives. He might not even really live around there.. He could just disappear. I very highly doubt it was a scam, seriously.. it just doesn't add up. have the local guy fix it, and just take it as a "loss" .. the seller isn't going to help with $25 lol
Mr. Darkjustice Posted July 9, 2010 Report Posted July 9, 2010 seein as humans are vengeful creatures, him bringin you to his house is a dumb move on his part if he were goin to scam you, hed then risk you doin somethin to his property or to him to get even. so i doubt he invited you over just to scam you. with that bein said, you probably just have really bad luck and it was out of anyones control. OR it got damaged durin transit Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward The Revolution Was Not Televised But There Is This Thread(clicky) Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.