Jump to content

i just tuned my box too low


Recommended Posts

Posted

Why don´t you cut down the port lenght?

If that was meant for me, I actually like the lows that you cant hear, but when I go to compete or whatever, and I wanna be a little louder all you have to do is put in sand bags, and then take out later that night

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Posted

I am having the same problem with my box, I mean I am actually louder with my current box then with my 3 T-Lines, but I am tuned to 30.57Hz, If i want to tune it up to 35.98Hz I have to add like 2.5 cubes of wood. So what I have heard is make bags of sand and then drop them In when you need to. IDK how well this works, never tried it. I actually like this idea cause with them being sand bags, They wont need to be anchored down, they can be just pressed in.

i dont like that idea at all. they will still slide around, bag could break, a bag of sand is soft and would act like a sound absorber. i mean for testing, sure why not. but for long term... i just dont like it. :shrug:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

Block off parts of your box, 10^3' isn't needed...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted

I am having the same problem with my box, I mean I am actually louder with my current box then with my 3 T-Lines, but I am tuned to 30.57Hz, If i want to tune it up to 35.98Hz I have to add like 2.5 cubes of wood. So what I have heard is make bags of sand and then drop them In when you need to. IDK how well this works, never tried it. I actually like this idea cause with them being sand bags, They wont need to be anchored down, they can be just pressed in.

If someone ever pissed you off you could cut the bag open and hold their face in the port and sandblast their face...

"Hey, anyone here wanna see a SAND trick??"

On the downside your motors wont like it :P

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Posted

decaf has some really low stuff. id recomend downloading all of his zips

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

Posted

i dont like that idea at all. they will still slide around, bag could break, a bag of sand is soft and would act like a sound absorber. i mean for testing, sure why not. but for long term... i just dont like it. :shrug:

That's all it would be used for is temporary day stuff, like if i went to a show or competition, and I wanted to be loud at around the typical 40Hz. Right now I like the low lows. I am louder with this box tuned to 30.57Hz then with the t-lines, but if i did tune a little higher i could get a little higher. But as I said I want lows for daily, and i could use the bags of sand for a quick daily swap out.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Posted

I am guessing you have a slot port, not an aero port??? If you have an aero port, it would be much easier to alter your tuning frequency in like 2 or 3 min, my daily port is 28Hz since I like them lows, but I also can just take out a the port take the extra 6 inch section off and be tuned to 40Hz if I want numbers. All it takes is removing some screws and some duct tape to connect the port back together.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

what if you find the length for a low tuned port, then cut it off to be a higher tuned, then put a hinge on that cut off chunk so you can fold it down and latch it to have it be low, then fold it up to tune it high? I had always thought of doing that, what do you guys think?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Posted

Why don´t you do something like my swift? it´s a simple example but it works nice, 41 hz for daily and 48 hz for comps, 2 dbs difference between both ports :drinks:

KF5ofRMquT_ODKMV5ia1v1r3AAJozIxW.jpg

WNjpO4Vc1j-3_7nxgowFMo67OMbx6pUG.jpg

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 3261 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...