Dan208 Posted July 15, 2010 Report Posted July 15, 2010 I've never been diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I suffer from anxiety and some slight depression. I've thought about going to the doctor, but I don't want to be hopped up on meds all the time. My wife's boss suffers from horrible depression. She just came back to work after being off for almost 2 months. She had lost like 40 lbs and looked like a skeleton. Hers is so severe that she needs numerous meds. They ended up having to take her off all of them and rework her doses. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
superdave07 Posted July 15, 2010 Report Posted July 15, 2010 I suffer from anxiety and mild depression. I was diagnosed a couple weeks ago. Its effecting my health in a big way. I am a diabetic also and this seems to cause some problems. Stress causes me to not want to eat, or sleep, which in turn effects my blood sugar and energy. not trying to throw too many personal details out there but you are not alone. Just try and keep your mind off things, i work on my car, or play with my son to keep myself from loosing it. I get panic attacks from time to time, they are hard to handle, people try to calm me down and all i want is to be left alone. Hang in there, dont be afraid of it, if your having some issues best thing to do is talk to someone about it, before it starts to effect your health Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5 36 Ford * 51 Mercury looking for wire sponsor www.flyracing.com
finkster Posted July 15, 2010 Report Posted July 15, 2010 Drinking makes things much worse. Main reason being that when u drink, it gets you down, and doesnt take you away like people say (not to offend anyone ). I know when I'm drunk, I always look around at other people and they seem to have so much more than me, whether its girls or a nice job etc. and skittles had a great piece of advice, working out will work WONDERS no matter what shape you're in. I think I love it so much I want to be a personal trainer in the next couple years because I know how great people are going look and feel when they devote themselves to living healthier. Good luck bro, DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
skittlesRgood Posted July 15, 2010 Report Posted July 15, 2010 Iam not diagnosed with anything, but I get on Xanax when I do get stressed out, heart palpitation's, etc about twice a year I do get depressed just being away from my son, haven't seen him in years. and his birthday is coming up, so I will probably drink alot for a week, and want to be alone for that week I know I have problems showing emotions, basically my gf now, and gfs in the past always talked about how Iam just like monotone, on the personality, I dont get sad, I dont talk to people, all I do is get mad and also hold shit inside of me but not diagnosed with anything, but I wouldnt know, no medical you get mad as a defense mechanism to hide that you are sad, scared, feeling weak, etc. all of those "weaker" emotions are in all of us and it really is healthier to let them out. i know its a difficult thing but try to work on letting those emotions out with the people close to you, like your GF. start slow, do the best you can and one day you will get there. just start by telling her about those inner feelings. eventually you can have a conversation about it without feeling that resistance and anger defense. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
GRITS Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 I was diagnosed with Dysthymia when I was 15 yrs old and now 34 yrs old. It's a constant struggle for me. I can count on one hand the number of times in my life where I have felt complete elation and happiness. I am on Paxil, Wellbutrin, and Ambien. Major life events can bring on depression. Getting married Having a baby loss of work stress at work death of a loved one. alcohol & drug abuse Illness (yourself or a loved one) There is no shame in reaching out for help. For all you guys on here there is nothing to get freaked out about, or to look down on yourself if in fact you do suffer from depression. There is no reason to feel like you are less of a man because you choose to seek help, ie: therapy, medication. It's that social stigma attached to people when they go for help. But times have changed, there is nothing to feel ashamed about. Depression, Bi Polar ect...... it's a chemical imbalance in the brain. And just so you know your not alone. And to me it makes you more of a man when you do reach out for help, and get the help you need.
skittlesRgood Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 i agree grits. counseling does wonders but you have to be willing to give it time. it takes a while for the counselor to get to know you so they can really help. once you get to that point, its amazing what a good counselor can help you realize about yourself. they dont tell you the answer, they help you grow enough to discover it for yourself. its a very enlightening experience. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Reallunacy Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 There is a difference between being depressed, and clinical depression. If you have any doubts as to what you have, you should just go talk to your doctor or some sort of a counselor. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you are trying to help yourself.
darthballsy1 Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 I think most of us know what depression feels like, a few years back I was depressed for about a month and it was like being alone in a dark hole, but the thing is you gotta find that one thing that gets you through for me it was marching band and music since then every time i feel down i just listen to music or when possible march the goal is to just push through. Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit Rockford T1000.1bd Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s My build log. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/
skittlesRgood Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 There is a difference between being depressed, and clinical depression. If you have any doubts as to what you have, you should just go talk to your doctor or some sort of a counselor. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you are trying to help yourself. DON'T just go to your doctor. they will just throw meds at you and see if you feel better. its not the healthy way to get over it. meds are needed for some people but your doctor simply doesnt know the difference. i think they spend 1 month on depression in med school. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.