Second Skin Audio

Need your thought`s about this wall design

Hey guys!

I`m about to start my first wall build and I want it to be a really good one. I have some experience with box building, but from what I`ve heard and read, when building a wall, things change. So I need your opinions/thoughts about this. I`ve crunched some numbers and done some work on sketchup. These are going in the wall btw :)

14062010757.jpg

Here`s the box, net volume of each chamber is about 7.4 cubes, 32hz tuning according to Torres calculator.

DDZ9518Wall.jpg

DDZ9518Wall2.jpg

DDZ9518Wall3.jpg

DDZ9518Wall4.jpg

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

get rid of the MM, the design looks good but i donno what those DD's will like so i cant help ya there

Oh and its nice to see your designing it yourself

EDIT- maybe invert the box so its port on top subs bottom

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Im working my first wall now and let me tell you , its a learning experience. Im happy I tried it, not happy the way its turning out. Learned a whole lot doing it. Your enclosure looks good. My dimensions and net volume are good, but getting the front baffle to sit and fit right is my biggest issue. It'll be loud, but not very pretty.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

get rid of the MM, the design looks good but i donno what those DD's will like so i cant help ya there

Oh and its nice to see your designing it yourself

I`m from Norway so I use the metric system :) I`ve chatted a bit bit the Norwegian champion in SPL, he recently built a wall for the first time and noticed that the subs likes more volume and the tuning drops down quite a bit (his dropped around 7hz from the calkulator vs real life) He did 156.6@30hz with 4 15"s and about 20kw and had a peak of 159 in the high 30`s. Hope to get atleast a 155 with the new setup.

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

My youtube vids

ah makes total sense now

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

EDIT- maybe invert the box so its port on top subs bottom

What diffirence does that make? just curious :)

Never built a wall or even seen one in person, but I would do some 45's in the corners and some dowels for support. Also I bust a nut every time I see those woofers

Gonna do some 45`s where needed, don`t think I`ll need further reenforcement, as the walls are gonna be 2.5" thick with seperate chambers.

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

My youtube vids

I'd do port on top. Less restriction as the seats won't be in the way

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Im on the fence with my wall here also, cant decide weather to do woofers on top or port on top. What do you all think sounds better? I personally am not going for numbers just moving a lot of air. Dont mean to thread jack hope it helps you also! :popcorn:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com