Since everyone seems to want Neo...

• 3 weeks later...

Been working more with these and are rather happy with the results. We are extrapolating the design out further and will do more testing with things in the next couple of weeks. Looks like these will end up seeing production given the interest we have had.

In order to keep costs lower, we have revised the amount of machine time the parts are seeing vs the original here. As always trying to keep the cost realistic and more than competitive for anything close to it. As you can imagine its tough to compete with all of the imported motors and pricing vs. doing all of the machining in house.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Scott

:)

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Well I dont want them if they aren't Physics defying monsters.

Ill only buy if it implodes atmosphere around it.

Looking good (STILL) Nick.

:lol:

Great design, and i think it will perform great.

But what about long therm power handling?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

:lol:

Great design, and i think it will perform great.

But what about long therm power handling?

I guess you missed the huge piece of aluminum in the middle of it that acts like a heat sink?

Ambient air (venting to atmosphere) is MUCH hotter then compressed air...which is what is inside of the motor...leaving the piece of aluminum out and letting the space between the pads doesn't work anywhere near as much as making the high velocity and additional mass close to the coil..away from the magnets.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

I guess you missed the huge piece of aluminum in the middle of it that acts like a heat sink?

Ambient air (venting to atmosphere) is MUCH hotter then compressed air...which is what is inside of the motor...leaving the piece of aluminum out and letting the space between the pads doesn't work anywhere near as much as making the high velocity and additional mass close to the coil..away from the magnets.

I've seen it but i'm just asking because i know Neo's don't really like heat. :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I've seen it but i'm just asking because i know Neo's don't really like heat. :)

Which is why it is dumb to put neo beside a coil that is 300 degrees..if not hotter.

Which is why we've got the massive chunk of aluminum and heat sink style fins to pull the heat away from the coil and not into the neo.

• 2 weeks later...

Which is why it is dumb to put neo beside a coil that is 300 degrees..if not hotter.

Which is why we've got the massive chunk of aluminum and heat sink style fins to pull the heat away from the coil and not into the neo.

not sure this guy knows what he is talking about :peepwall:

Just messing around Nick i know better :drinks:

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived