this guys selling his crown vic with a v8 in it for 750. runs perfectly. u think itd b a good idea to buy it?

97 i think

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Yeah, dude, I had a grand am, same car basically, that I hated with a passion. The only way they come in stick is the 4 cylinder, like wtf, why is the gt only automatic, stupid move for gm. Some good cars would be like a mazda mx3, ford probe, honda civic, a VW, a Saab, older porsches, nissan maxima, mitsubishi eclipse/eagle talon, dodge stealth/mitsubishi 3000gt, the list goes on. just don't be a pussy, drive stick.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

so im thinking bout swapping out my engine in my 2001 alero. atm i have a 3.2l v6. if my engine is good enough for me to just add parts, like turbo or super chargers and racing performance parts would it b a better idea then swapping it out?

WHen you doing a swap, there things that need to consider. The 2 main important factor are times and money. What's your purpose on swapping and do you have any knowlegdes or tools. Are you doing this swap alone or with anyone who's fimilar about mechanic? I wouldn't buy or put cheap parts on upgrading on your car performance because you might be looking for trouble. For the particular vehicle you have, I think i would add a turbo into but before that i would do a compression on it to see if your engine can handle the pressure. I have done swap and ins't eazy because it just time consuming and messy but in the end you learn the idea of doing it.

I hope you fully know what you getting into when you decide to swap something, and turbocharging a N/A motor takes a bit of knowledge... If your not an EXPERIENCED in engine rebuilding and engine wiring.... You may want to pay someone to do it...

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

What are you looking for? A sleeper? Or just a fast car easily modded? Mustang is the hands down best choice for the latter. And each model from '80 to present has it's own options. Also, what is the budget for this?

I'm not so sure about that... The new Camaro is definitely something to be reckoned with... LS series motors loves boost even a stock bottom end...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

A stock LS motor can take about 6-8lbs all day but if you want to have some fun throw in a set of forged pistons/rods/crank and push 14+ psi, now that would be a bad ass ride. Mmmm new Camaro SS with 850rwhp

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I'm not so sure about that... The new Camaro is definitely something to be reckoned with... LS series motors loves boost even a stock bottom end...

OK, here we go. A stock 4.6 ford internals can handle up to 500 HP. Not sure about the LS. But, the Mustang is historically lighter than the Camaro, so that is advantage Mustang. Think about an '80-'86 Fox body with a turbo, destroys any Camaro from the same time frame.

Can't remember who, either DC Power or Mechman, had an old fox body they built up.

I don't think the OP's talking about new cars, but even if he was, the 5.0 Mustang kills the new Camaro, even with the solid axle.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

A stock LS motor can take about 6-8lbs all day but if you want to have some fun throw in a set of forged pistons/rods/crank and push 14+ psi, now that would be a bad ass ride. Mmmm new Camaro SS with 850rwhp

OK, a stock 4.6 Ford can handle 11PSI. Don't know how much the new 5.0 can take.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread