Sonic Electronix

First car system, few questions

Yeah I jumped the gun and got excited over the price. No way an 18 in an enclosure will fit in my trunk. Anyone know if the 15 BTL, in an enclosure will fit in a 17in deep trunk? OR with this space would I better with the Q series?

Lol I keep editing it so that noone gets to see my dumber questions, but here's this one.

If I got 2 FI Q 15's, could I use a a T2500-1bdCP, and give each woofer 1250 safely?

Last EDIT of this post. Just for reference I measured my trunk and it's LxWxH is roughly 43x40x17 , measured in inches. The width I took was at it's narrowest, for it's widest point is about 58 inches.

Power wise, that's good. As far the box, someone else will have to take a look at that.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

For 2 grand I wouldn't blow it on a JL system.. Get Dc/fi subs, sundown/soundigital/crescendo/aq amps, prolly knu wiring, xs battery, and build your own box...you could easily go bigger than jl with 2 grand..

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

For 2 grand I wouldn't blow it on a JL system.. Get Dc/fi subs, sundown/soundigital/crescendo/aq amps, prolly knu wiring, xs battery, and build your own box...you could easily go bigger than jl with 2 grand..

Another one of those deadends. Can't find any GOOD Sundown, SoundDigital, Crescendo, or AQ Amps on ebay. Do I have to go straight to the manufacturer to get these? And the AQ amps you were talking about, does that stand for Audioque? Because if so I found their website and their 2200 watt amp is decently priced. The AQ2200D is the amp i'm referring to.

Last edit of this post, pretty sure my search is nearing it's end. This AQ2200D amp is seeming like a great deal. It'll push the subs I want with just over RMS, and Audioque offers a 1 year warranty on amps, so I don't really see where I could go wrong?

And just so you guys don't worry about a noobie setting this stuff up i'm having it done semi-professionally. i.e. if he could find a job doing it, he'd do it.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

Yeah I jumped the gun and got excited over the price. No way an 18 in an enclosure will fit in my trunk. Anyone know if the 15 BTL, in an enclosure will fit in a 17in deep trunk? OR with this space would I better with the Q series?

Lol I keep editing it so that noone gets to see my dumber questions, but here's this one.

If I got 2 FI Q 15's, could I use a a T2500-1bdCP, and give each woofer 1250 safely?

Last EDIT of this post. Just for reference I measured my trunk and it's LxWxH is roughly 43x40x17 , measured in inches. The width I took was at it's narrowest, for it's widest point is about 58 inches.

on your amp, if you go with the 1000/1 and its impedance range is only 1.5- 4 dnt run anything less than 1.5, i dnt go lower than 2ohms, but if you run 2 w7s and both bridged you can run exactly 1.5 ohms, if you do juss one and cut it down to .75 you might end up with some problems down the road

DB-R.com sells stetsom amps, I absolutely love mine and so does everyone else who runs them *the non retards*

contact DC http://dcaudio.us/

[email protected]

Ph: (775).425.5700

check out their subs

depending on the power you want to run, you could do 1 15" XL or 2 12" level 4s

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived