n8ball2013 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 remember its accent lighting. Just a touch. Subtle is the key. I dont even have any of the pics of the vents done but it was pretty cool looking. I think I had the door pockets accented too. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
InfiniteRuckus Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 Doing the vents really looks nice & it's not too hard to do, but it also separates "Joe Blow" from someone who takes a little more time to take things apart instead of slapping thing on.
tacomabanga1986 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 i got blue led strips under my dash and i love em, if u drop something while driving and dont want to "find" it with your fingers all u halfto do is glance at it and pick it up, u cant even see em untill i turn em on, mine are wired to the orange illumination wire for the headunit so when i turn on my parking lights they come on i also want to wire in some white led strips under the dash so when i open my doors they will light up with my led dome light to give it that extra touch but i dont want to run wire threw my headliner just for this, is there a wire i can tap into in the kick or floor board to have the leds come on when i open my door? i thought maybe tap into that switch in the door so when its shut they go out but i dunno how that will work ive got pruple acual neon underbody lights with transformer, under my truck but i guess i didn't have it wired right cause when i got almost done i found out the hard way i was laying on top of a fire ant nest and they ate my ass up so i just had to rush threw it, i might just take em off and put em under my bed n run em with my comp power supply, they work but when u tap a bulb they cut off so i unno whats wrong with it you could prolly try these people, they got alot of led stuff that u could prolly make work for u http://www.oznium.com/ here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit
Robert8252 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 I love inside the vents. 10mm in mine Only other lighting I plan on is to light up my door panels since I have the custom speaker mounts on them. Plus I'll have my custom switch mount done this weekend and with 5-8 rocker switches in the center of my console shining straight up I'll have some affect from those too. And my stinger voltage meter also. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
GRITS Posted July 30, 2010 Author Report Posted July 30, 2010 I had thought about the dom lights but when I open my doors I have lights under my sideview mirrors that come on (safety feature i suppose) and unless I changed those I think it would clash. The vents would work cause I also have two in my center console for the back seat area. I even have vents in my back hatch. Pink and blue combo would work considering my seat covers are black with blue and silver flower outlines. would a few strips (as in all the way across the hatch) work better for the back hatch or just a few lights here and there??
BeatBox Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 You got the neon light bug! id put them where u can hide them and not actually see the neon or led light, under the seats, dash, under the truck that would be it IMO. on mine i did the gauges but im not 100% happy with them
Robert8252 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 Never put lights in if you actually see the source. That just makes it look like trash. Under seats, in vents, tucked under dash, inside door and panel pockets, front grill, tucked under door handles. Don't just stick a neon tube or led in the open and call it a day. If you can see the bulb in the day don't do it. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
GRITS Posted July 31, 2010 Author Report Posted July 31, 2010 Yea not digging the stadium lighting that Ruckus got going on there LOL....... dont wanna be blinded by the light. And yea definitely dont want them showing for easy access to steal, they want my shit they gonna have to work for it. I do have a light thats out in my dash, that be one way of getting around to fixing it. LOL Thought about the front grill but not too sure about that. I think that if I was wanting to do the underglow I would but idk. Its not like I have the money to do any this right now anyway. If I were to do any outside lighting I think I would have to change the blubs in the side view mirrors..... dammit so many choices
nautical7 Posted July 31, 2010 Report Posted July 31, 2010 id put them where u can hide them and not actually see the neon or led light, under the seats, dash, under the truck that would be it IMO. Never put lights in if you actually see the source. That just makes it look like trash. Under seats, in vents, tucked under dash, inside door and panel pockets, front grill, tucked under door handles. Don't just stick a neon tube or led in the open and call it a day. If you can see the bulb in the day don't do it. These. If you can see the source it looks like you just threw them in there, plus only seeing the glow looks better if you really want lighting.
GRITS Posted July 31, 2010 Author Report Posted July 31, 2010 DUDESSSSSSSSSS they got this shit too Street Glow Neon Wire
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.