GRITS Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 Thanks to beatbox, I'm getting a hard on for LED's..... but now that I have been looking I'm not sure where to put them. And how much is too much without looking completely ghetto? then again I dont have the nic name ghetto redneck for nothing LOL I dont really wanna do the under glow but the interior like that found HERE This is my truck Yes I have a small box, but she pounds very nicely.... Pink Valve caps for the wheels?? My interior its a light grey so the pink should show up pretty good right? But then I think pink and purple would look awesome too. I think this is red and blue, but I would love to find some pink and purple like that And I also found these.... And I could get away with this for the wheels since I dont go offroad And also there is soo many different types you got flexi, rope, strips, ribbons and bars. so what would be the best to achieve the look I want? I dont have that dark of a tint as you can tell so i cant go too crazy on the inside with the LEDs but I wouldnt mind having that "soft pink hue" So would those last two pics be taking it too far?? Or would just the door handles and Valve stem caps compliment it overall? And on the inside besides the install kit shown up there, there are soo many different places i could put LED's. I could do all around the back hatch, door strips, all along the bottom or all along the headliner. So how would be the best approach to get that "soft pink hue" do along the headliner or stick to the floor??
nautical7 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 LED's anywhere besides the footwell and behind gauges are overdoing it IMO. I'm not a fan of underbody kits or anywhere on the outside and think they look tacky.
techforce Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 Under the dash and seats.. maybe somewhere in the back also???
BJD3 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 LED's anywhere besides the footwell and behind gauges are overdoing it IMO. I'm not a fan of underbody kits or anywhere on the outside and think they look tacky. I think on vehicles that are dropped with wheels tucked and a tasteful body kit, underbody kits finish it off nicely. That said, if you don't fit that, then avoid underbody kits. I say make the interior glow, but only if you plan on doing other interior modifications. I just think lighting up a fully stock thing is lame. No offence, but I think its doubly lame to do it with cloth seats. If you light up under the handle, go with a cool blue or white. Otherwise leave it alone. I guess I'm just a fan of staying low key. :/ Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
cmamtower Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 why not just replace dome and map lights with led? makes it a whole lot simpler and better looking imo apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too. Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4 Batteries: Kinetik HC 800 Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0 Enclosure: n/a : ( Headunit: Clarion VZ409 Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors Subwoofers: n/a : ( Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol
InfiniteRuckus Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 DO NOT GET THE VALVE STEM TIRE FLYS!!! i've known 3 people so far who had issues removing them after extended use threw the rain. i would say do it inside... many options... behind the vents, under the seat, under the dash, you can outline the roof or drop a few in top of the door frame. i was looking into the led ribbon to go around the windshield & chase. i wouldn't do anything outside unless you have it rimmed up, otherwise you are accenting nothing. i have the same belief with under body kits... those need to be earned with mods before they can go on & look proper. if you really want the inside to glow i would say hang 'em high & aim 'em down... floor is just an additional option once you've already done the top. here's a few things i've done so far
mbdblue Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 IMO, only under seats front and back to give it a glow. anything else looks tacky to me too. no underglows; a big waste of money for no reason. And also, those dome and door lights in LED are pretty cheaply made. Ive seen them break a few times. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
n8ball2013 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 do a combo of pink and blue. that should give you the pink and where they mix the purple. I like blue and white as well. I did the vents and etc in my last car. nothing in this one. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
techforce Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 do a combo of pink and blue. that should give you the pink and where they mix the purple. I like blue and white as well. I did the vents and etc in my last car. nothing in this one. VENTS!!! Dam! Good idea! Never thought of that!
chevyman217 Posted July 30, 2010 Report Posted July 30, 2010 Maybe throw some led's in the door speakers. Or you can down-grade your RE-Audios to lol I'd put led's underneath the seat. Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!" Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby. Things that I am allergic too.... Haters Bitch Notes
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.