So been bumming around and realized I don't have a damn clue what to look for, for a good security camera for outside to watch my car at night. Anyone use one or have a idea what to look for? Infared w/ nightvision is what I'm looking for with a pretty good picture quality and more viewing range the better. Car sits at the back of my backyard inside a privacy fence which also has a motion sensor spotlight on the parking area. Want a camera (probably wireless) that will hook right into my computer to DVR the video. Any help?

Price range would prefer less then $200

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

Be careful of what you choose for security cameras. The only thing worse then no camera is one you cant see shit on.

Some things to consider in choosing a day / night camera.

TVL of 480 anything less degrades resolution.

A 0 Lux camera means that it will see better in the dark then one of a higher lux the worse it is in the dark.

For IR to work, a camera must be black & white or a color that switches to black & white at night.

Watch out for build in IR leds. They typically aren't as strong as a separate IR LED unit.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 1 year later...

You can get a mobile DVR and color night vision camera for less than $200 bucks easy :woot:

Set it to record by motion and you're good to go 8)

I currently have a switched 5 camera system that runs 24/7 and records by motion and plan on adding another 4 channel DVR :drink40:

Cheap wide angle EBay cameras work fine and it doubles as security for my house or shop when I park out front and have the cams in their direction :clapping:

I have a uncle that has a home security business. I'll shoot him a message and see if he can get anything in your price range.

Ps I'm out of town so it may be a couple days shoot me a pm if your interested

Edited by tdc3187

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/