So toinght I was putting my Pioneer DEH-P7000BT HU back into the truck after spending all day yesterday hooking up my Diamond audio D362.5 componets and Kicker ZX650.4 amp. Everything worked well during testing yesterday evening. Well tonight I wanted to finish off the install before a trip I have to make in the morning. I was having a hard time last night getting the HU to sit back into the dash. This was due to me now having 3 sets of RCA cables hooked up. Anyway to make a long story short, tonight I wanted to get the radio in and be done with it. Well while struggling with it to night the remote wire came out of the Pioneer harness. I was able to plug it back into the remote wire pin I thought was the correct pin location. I couldn't find the harness diagram to save my ass. Anyway I plugged the remote wire pin back into the harness and now my amp will not cut on. The radio works fine but the amp will not cut on. Anyone knows where the remote wire pin is suppose to go?

I placed in in the third slot on the top of the harness plug. If you were to look at the plug it would go ground wire (black), empty slot, then the remote wire.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Bump.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

That's what I thought. I plug it in and now I get no signal to the amp at all. I went to www.pacparts.com to see about buying a replacement harness but thats like 3-4 days for them to get the harness in and then about a week to get it shipped to me. Fuck I guess I'll have to pull the HU out again and try to see if I can get it to work or else its waiting another two weeks to hear my system again.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

You either didnt put the pin back in the correct hole or you did not put the pin in far enough to make a connection on the radio.

Most likely you did not insert it all the way until you hear/feel the little pin click.

They are a pain to insert. I know when I do video bypass's on the screens, I have to use a tiny pick to push the wire fully into the spot for it to latch.

Almost all Pioneer harness are the same, unless you start getting into double din screens and flip outs.

Just searching the model number on ebay gave me a link with a picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=400122815944

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Photos/Default.aspx?i=130P7000BT&tp=5684

another good shot of a different model with similar features and cost.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=22379&picture_id=374551

That's what I thought. I plug it in and now I get no signal to the amp at all. I went to www.pacparts.com to see about buying a replacement harness but thats like 3-4 days for them to get the harness in and then about a week to get it shipped to me. Fuck I guess I'll have to pull the HU out again and try to see if I can get it to work or else its waiting another two weeks to hear my system again.

better shape then me m8 my alt is dead

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

You either didnt put the pin back in the correct hole or you did not put the pin in far enough to make a connection on the radio.

Most likely you did not insert it all the way until you hear/feel the little pin click.

They are a pain to insert. I know when I do video bypass's on the screens, I have to use a tiny pick to push the wire fully into the spot for it to latch.

Almost all Pioneer harness are the same, unless you start getting into double din screens and flip outs.

Just searching the model number on ebay gave me a link with a picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=400122815944

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Photos/Default.aspx?i=130P7000BT&tp=5684

another good shot of a different model with similar features and cost.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=22379&picture_id=374551

That's the thing. I put it back in pin 3 (next to the ground wire) until I heard it click back in. It felt tight as if it wasn't going to come out unless I forced it out. I'll pull the deck out in the morning to test again. Thanks for the links to the photos. I spent all night yesterday trying to find a big enough picture were I could see where that wire went to. I'll update this tomorrow after i try to fix it. Either it will work or it won't.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

you may be able to hook up the amp to something else right now for it to turn on

my cigarette lighter turns on when the car does, which is the same as the radio. Another think you might be able to do is hook it up to the ACC wire that turns the radio on itself. I think it is the red wire on the harness. If the yellow and black are thicker than the rest, the red is the ACC wire. You may blow the fuse for the ACC wire but it will work. I upped my fuse from 5A to 7.5A. Works like a charm.

Another thing you could do is hook up a wire to any 12V+ source and then when you want the amp on, flip the switch. I have this in my car anyways because i have a more complex system involving a series of switches. Hit me up if you got any questions. But this is just a solution for you now, to get going on your trip. In the end, the replacement harness is the way to go

TY

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

Hey, thought id help. My wire for the remote turn on is colored light blue with a strip of white on it. it was 2 wires over from the same row as the ground on my h/u. but my headunit is from 98 so dont go by mine being 100% accurate.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress