Sonic Electronix

So I just got a pioneer ts w303r sub installed to my alpine amp. The amp makes 240watts rms and the sub says it can take 250watts rms. The guy helping with the install said that pioneer number is over rated and will prob blow soon. I asked if he can help tune it so I lower those chances. What do you guys think? How likely is that to happen?

Any advice?

Don't clip the woofer.

Put the gain on the amp on 5/8. :pardon:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Depends how he set your gains. Read up on this site and do it yourself. That sub shouldn't blow on that amp.

I'll recheck the setting. I had a lot of help on this setup so I'm kinda double checking everything to make sure its done right.

How hot should the amp get btw? I always check it when I'm done driving just to see how it is. Its always slightly hot but nothing crazy. I'm not sure how much slack to give it since it is in my trunk.

Also, Did we tune it right? I have my head unit set a 0 bass and its got a decent amount of bass, I dont go over 0 since it seems to be enough, if anything I'll go down to -1 or more to get rid of some bass. Is this right or was I suppose to tune it at a higher number?

sorry for the noob questions, this is my first car audio setup.

O-scope the gains, or if you know your amp can do rated power then a DMM would work too.

And yep, bass at 0 on HU

What do you mean O scope?

and yeah I never go past zero on the HU, im actually at -8 right now to get zero bass. My mom will be driving the car tomorrow and I didnt rly tell her I got a sub. Lets hope she doesnt need to use the trunk.