whistling noise coming from engine

check for a vacuum leak. look for split or broken hoses around the top of the engine were the intake hooks up to the motor. a noise like that is usually a vacuum leak. possibly could be a bearing going bad to. take a video of it and put it up on youtube and post it here so we can hear the noise if possible

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

other thing is, when i start my car up it shake little bit. could that be connected to that noise in engine?

Either you've got a vacuum leak as mentioned, which is causing the whistle and the rough idle because the engine is running a bit lean (air bypassing the AFM/MAF or whatever those cars use) OR what you're hearing is actually a squealing from a shagged bearing and your engine is on the way out, which is why it's running rough.

Checked your oil level recently? When was the car last serviced?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

• 1 month later...

If you engine start to shake it could be a problem in general. I would start looking at the engine mount on each side, behind, and side to see any tear or crack..