Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

that is actually within range of class A/B efficiency.

Yes it is, but most people don't realize they can be up to 70% efficient, and group them all as 50%.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Sigh...facepalm. I don't know if its the cold or our seperation from the rest of America that adds to some of our...more stupid rumors.

Guy had mattress stuffing in his box because, his science explained to me, the loudness of the subs in a box depend on the soundwaves vibrating off of the inner walls of the box. So putting all the stuffing inside fooled the sound waves into thinking they were in a larger box since it took longer to bounce off the walls, meaning the soundwaves vibrated more and longer making it louder and more powerful.....

pretty sure the stuff in some pillows is poly fill. and it does what you just said. makes the sub play as if the enclosure is bigger at least

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

...no. 18 has more cone area and way more power.

my 12"s on two saz1500's beat several single 18"s and was 3db louder than two 15"s with 3k on each. so... ya. its very possible. now 500w vs 2500w... it would have to be a broke genius going against a moron with money lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

One of my favorites said to me was "Don't play your system with your trunk open cause it's bad for your

subs. They need the trunk closed in order for it to work right" lol

that isnt wrong... i would never play my system full tilt with the hatch open. the subs will unload and bottom out. mind you, not every system is like that... probably most but there is some truth to it.

"This 2000 watt Legacy is only $89.99, that's such a good deal."

Lol.

lol i said that same thing when i got my 1st amp... it was a legacy... so many flashing lights it looked like an alien was flying under my seats. :noob:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

pretty sure the stuff in some pillows is poly fill. and it does what you just said. makes the sub play as if the enclosure is bigger at least

yes, but what he was using was not polyfill and he didnt understand the science. not to mention it was used in a ported box built to spec...makes the use of polyfill useless in my opinion. his understanding of how it works and when it should be used was a complete fail.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

One of my favorites said to me was "Don't play your system with your trunk open cause it's bad for your

subs. They need the trunk closed in order for it to work right" lol

Um, thats true.

Depending on the enclosure, you can blow subs from playing too hard with no pressure being able to be built up to help control cone movement.

You can play them, but if you go full power, you can cause damage.

The trunk, or hatch of a car and cabin of the car actually make the car act like a bandpass enclosure. Opening the trunk or hatch will change that enclosure and it will not work properly.

Some enclosures and setups can still play, but tuning is changed.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

yes, but what he was using was not polyfill and he didnt understand the science. not to mention it was used in a ported box built to spec...makes the use of polyfill useless in my opinion. his understanding of how it works and when it should be used was a complete fail.

lol i made my statement before realizin pillows have polyfill not matresses. so fail on my part too lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

lol i made my statement before realizin pillows have polyfill not matresses. so fail on my part too lol

lol. when he pulled out the sub all this nasty yellow shit fell out of the box. i jus stared at him....like what the hell?!?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lol. when he pulled out the sub all this nasty yellow shit fell out of the box. i jus stared at him....like what the hell?!?

maybe it was yellow cake from africa LMAO

Archived