Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

Whats wrong with it? I havent seen anyone actually put one in their ride, with a proper box and power... So I dont know how anyone can bash it or defend it for that matter...

I heard the 10's and 12's over 15's and 18's back in the early 90s as well... All over the place actually...

i have twice. both times with nice as boxes i would assume were built to spec. one runnin 4 mtx amps and the other i dont remember to be honest lol. anyways i was in no way impressed by either. both were in escalades btw. they were both ran by Mickey Whorrs in Michigan if that matters to anyone

EDIT: i will say that mother fucker moved some serious air, but it was nowhere near as loud as you would think for how violent it was

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I keep hearing about cheater amps that were small in size and would put out like 1500 watts in amps rated at 150ish.. I think it's just where they rate watts differently. Or did they modify the amp to make it put out more? I ask this just because I think my cousins are full of shit and they've never owned one...rumors turn into I used have....know what I mean.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

"Kicker are crap"

That one bugs me, its just not to everyone's liking.... loltrippy.gif

whats wrong with some truth?

i hear shit all the time, nnuff said.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

ive heard most of this shit haha its a good thread.

i was talking to some girl who thinks shes a car expert, so shes got loads of these rumors up her sleeves for mechanics and stuff and the other day she was trying to tell me everything i knew about car audio was wrong

first of all she started with the two 12s are better than one 18 because i said i wanted to put one 18 in my civic instead of my current set up of two 12s

then I told her that I wanted to build a ported box, and she said it was a terrible idea because it would make the subs last about a month

then she asked if i stuffed my boxes with junk because it made them louder

also, another thing she told me was that my box is probably too big, the smaller the box the louder it is

she was 100% serious about all this crap too haha all of this was in like a 20 minute conversation she also tries to tell me about car engine stuff and how "clean" her boys car looks

her new boyfriend is into all this car stuff, not audio but just car stuff, and now she claims to be some expert in cars, and when i asked "why have i never heard you talk about this stuff before you got with this guy?" and she said "no way I've always known all this stuff" lol

can you say fail?

if she wasnt such a babe, I would not be talking to this chick anymore haha

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

I think the cone area issue bugs me the most, I mean alot of stuff was stated here that is annoying...

But like some Alaskan guy said, 15"+ 15" = 30"

Wow

Also, cone area is almost always different not all 12"s are X amount of area

I just measured some cones I have, 12" wide roll, and 18" wide roll

10" wide for the 12"

16.5" wide for the 18"

So the 12" is about 78sq" - 80" of area, while the 18" is 213" - 215" of area

So mathematically area wise, 2.68 12"s equal 1- 18"

This is using wide roll surrounds that most companies like Fi, DC and Sundown use

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Orion use to have an amp that said it did 1 watt yes 1 watt bring it to 1 ohm you would gett like 500 to 750 watts out of it cheater amp

ture story

Old school HCCA amps did that, like the 250g4, i couldnt believe it. There used to be a car audio shop in my town that did orion and crossfire installs this was back in like '01. One guy had 2 HCCA 15's in his s-10 extended cab and had 2 250g4 running one to each sub amd he was doing over 50's one of my buddys bought the truck a year ago and finally this year decided to pull everything out and sell it. I told him i might be interested in the sub amps and when he told me what they were i about crapped myself. they do put out some crazy amount of power at 1 ohm but every other ohm load is weak. Now thats what i call a cheater amp.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

ive heard most of this shit haha its a good thread.

i was talking to some girl who thinks shes a car expert, so shes got loads of these rumors up her sleeves for mechanics and stuff and the other day she was trying to tell me everything i knew about car audio was wrong

first of all she started with the two 12s are better than one 18 because i said i wanted to put one 18 in my civic instead of my current set up of two 12s

then I told her that I wanted to build a ported box, and she said it was a terrible idea because it would make the subs last about a month

then she asked if i stuffed my boxes with junk because it made them louder

also, another thing she told me was that my box is probably too big, the smaller the box the louder it is

she was 100% serious about all this crap too haha all of this was in like a 20 minute conversation she also tries to tell me about car engine stuff and how "clean" her boys car looks

her new boyfriend is into all this car stuff, not audio but just car stuff, and now she claims to be some expert in cars, and when i asked "why have i never heard you talk about this stuff before you got with this guy?" and she said "no way I've always known all this stuff" lol

can you say fail?

if she wasnt such a babe, I would not be talking to this chick anymore haha

ty

Can i put this in my sig? cuz i loled

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I had a guy at a shop tell me that he never heard of DC or FI and that i should get a RF T2 subwoofer bc they were better bc they had better specs...but said he knows about meades system which had FI's but still swore that he never heard about FI.

He also said that its better yo use brands that people have heard of like rf and jl.hahahah

EDIT: but thats not saying much since i own rf subs but they were my first subs

But like some Alaskan guy said, 15"+ 15" = 30

Sigh...facepalm. I don't know if its the cold or our seperation from the rest of America that adds to some of our...more stupid rumors.

Guy had mattress stuffing in his box because, his science explained to me, the loudness of the subs in a box depend on the soundwaves vibrating off of the inner walls of the box. So putting all the stuffing inside fooled the sound waves into thinking they were in a larger box since it took longer to bounce off the walls, meaning the soundwaves vibrated more and longer making it louder and more powerful.....

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived