Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

the rumor was underpowerin a sub would blow it, since most people, noobs, dont know the difference between dirty, clean, clippin, and not clippin generalizes it. but no sub is blowable by underpowering with clean power unclipped. true story

I will agree with that fine sir!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I can say I worked for a high end loudspeaker manufacturer. Car 18" drivers dont cut the mustard! Hands down. Super crazy mms of over 400 grams pushed by a 3" motor doesnt equal sq. It equals mud. Saying my comment is idiotic is a bit far flung. One 18" driver that has car potential/ also very good home potential is the aurasound nrt18 bad ass sub! Your right with in reason about any size driver an be built for a given bandwith. unfortunatley an 18" driver that play under 20hz up to 100hz -/+3 db is not the norm.. As by boy john bender might say "Not even close Bud"

Can u show me a 12 that plays from 20hz to 100hz with a rolloff of maximum 3db's?

18" inch subs sound the same as a 12 inch sub, if they are properly made. ;) (offcourse a Pyle 18 inch vs a Fi Q 12, the fi Q would win.)

(oh and btw, skittles, the judge probably heared they were 'spl' subs because the box is not really a SQ box.;))

My sub is better cause it moves back and forth cause it is dual coil. Your sub only moves out cause it is single coil. Lawlz.

I have a quad coil, it moves from right to left too, and up and down. :lol:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Here is my take you can blow a 1000 watt sub with a 100 watt fairly quickly if the amplifiers is sending out any reasonable amount of dc voltage. A sub might be able to handle 1k of clean ac all day but fail quickly when getting 15 volts of dc.

Amps do not put out DC current. Amps put out AC current.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Amps do not put out DC current. Amps put out AC current.

I think he meant if the amp is screwed and has terrible DC offset. I'm pretty sure you would have to be retarded to use it though if it was that bad.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Normally amps don't put out DC current, but what do you think that clipping is? :peepwall:

Clipping is bad AC signal. Doesn't make it DC.

I may be wrong but there is no reason for an amp to put out DC current. Unless it got DC input.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I think he meant if the amp is screwed and has terrible DC offset. I'm pretty sure you would have to be retarded to use it though if it was that bad.

I thought he was giving an example of a sub rated for high power was getting low power. What i quoted was only part of the original comment.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived