its a 5.8 V8

Nvm how are you going to have a dodge with the 5.8 in it? Unless you put a 5.8 in it?

You could only have 5.9 5.2 or 4.7 i believe.

But i agree typical problems with those motors are cam sensors(as stated) Or a sensor for the maf i believe.

Edited by David78

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

ive seem people put a rolled up fried egg in someones gas tank that would float up and block the fuel pump. shit the car off and it floats away and you can drive again until to comes back over and over again. shitty prank

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

What engine is in that?

On the 5.2s/5.9s the pcm can lose the crank signal randomly and most cases it won't set a dtc. To verify that this is the cause, you'd have to monitor crank sig and hope it stalls.

The 4.7 also has a cam sensor that can cause the same issue, again you'd have to monitor crank and cam and hope that you can catch it in the act.

A decent scan tool can read the cam/crank signals in real time.

He is right about crank sensors dropping out and no check engine light Seen plenty of those at the shop. Your Durango came with a 5.2 or a 5.9 only.

There is a star case(Dodges technician support center) that says the center engine controller connector can break and allow the pins to back out causing a stall. I have seen several vehicles where you can lightly pull up or push down on the engine controller connectors and the car will stall/run rough. You've got a good one to figure out, you can do it if your good with a dmm and some patience.

I'd stop by a parts store and just have them look to see if a dtc set, most likely not, but it wouldn't hurt.

What else turns off when the car stalls? Radio? Instrument cluster stays lit? Warning lights come on, like when you first turn key on? Try to get as much info as you can to see what other things are affected by the shut down, before you cycle the key to restart it. Try to be safe about it. Does it restart immediately?

I'd lean toward a wiring connection/ignition switch/alarm problem,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I ment to type 5.9 V8, I had the fuel pump checked by a local shop, they said nothing was wrong, so I said f**k it. I traded the truck in for $1k. I paid $9,018 for an 2002 red chevy Trailblazer LTZ.

lol smae thing happened to mine i just cleaned the throtle body well after i did that it hasent stalled again

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

Did you get your ignition switch checked? I had that happen to me but on my Honda. I would be driving and all of a sudden everything just shuts off so I pull over on the side and try to crank it a couple of times. Maybe the third or fourth time I turn it, it starts right up. Its a good thing there was a recall on it so I got it fixed for free.

it was the crankshaft position sensor.