Ok, so heres what i was priced on. I was quoted $399 for an 250 max amps alternator that will do about 150 amps at idle. First, is this a good price? it is a hybrid alt from what i was told and will have an adjustable voltage screw where i can mess with the voltage output of the alt.

Second: Will this be alright to work temporarily (at most 1 month) with one xs power s3400 battery powering a 1400 watts rms @ 8 ohms bridge for a load without frying the alt?

Third: Anybody have anything good or bad to say about mechman?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

only some of the nicest things can be said of matt with mechman.

as for your price, price is very decent for a very capable alternator. but to get a better idea of how that price fares against competitors just go look on their sites and check for yourself. i myself have swapped out my iraggi alts for triple mechman 270amp alternators.

ordered the last two last friday received a week later. for just $200 more than what i spent on ONE iraggi alt that took longer to get all the way here in alaska. all three hooked up and just awesome. i can also say this. matt will always respond, answer all questions, provide factual knowledge (NOT SAYING OTHERS DO NOT) which make making an informed decision much easier. most of the time his products are in stock so theres no issues with waiting on specific parts. and he does this without belittling other little companies. mechman is awesome.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

wow this is awesome to hear. i have heard numerous times on the forums about how awesome he is just thought id see what everybody else thinks of his products. i really like that im saving $300 from it having the voltage control built into the alt, thats really nice to have and for the price you are right, it cant be beat. the lowest price next to mechman was $480 and that was from excessive amperage for a 300 amp alt, and $499 from xs power for a 250 amp alt. (not that i dont like xs power, i love the s3400 battery i own now and will be buying a d3100 battery from them after my alternator purchase) but the prices are killers. but its really great to hear that you like your products from him.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I swapped 2 300a Iraggi's for 2 270a Mechman as well. Best thing about Mechman is Matthew, he won't leave you hanging if you run into a problem. :good:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

nice, what type did you get? did yours come with the adjustable voltage output on the alts?

nice, what type did you get? did yours come with the adjustable voltage output on the alts?

One AD244 wired up as a DR44 and a straight up AD244 (slave), again 270a's, but no they aren't adjustable, they run off of my ECU.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

awesome. where did you get the dual bracket from? did dominick build it for you?

Another thumbs up for Matt and Mechman!

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.