Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

thoughts on a abc box?


chapo123

Recommended Posts

Posted

Now see this is a decent bump. It's old but I learned something and it was interesting and not full of bull crap / troll wars.

Setup:


2010 Hyundai Elantra


Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC


Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt


Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000


Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -


DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Posted

You're welcome for the information I could provide.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks
  • 3 months later...
Posted

I'm actually thinking about building another one of this here soon. I have a 12 Elemental Designs 13.kv4 I believe. It about a 5 to 6 year old sub that's never seen power. I have another one that I got in a true 1 to 1 Tline that sounds outstanding.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

  • 4 years later...
Posted

So from what i see you take the recommended slot port box volume split into 2 sections a and b. 

A = 2/3

B = 1/3

Tune a to what you want and then carry that size port and length to the other 2 ports.  

If wrong please correct.  Looking at using an 8" for the test as its cheap and small to start with.  Once figured out going to be moving up to a 12.  Then to the 15 for the final desigh.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 378 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...