Sonic Electronix

so i just put my subs and amp in my truck and hooked it all up correctly and played it for the first time and it didnt sound right it wasnt as loud as it usually was and everything was dimming, so after 30 mins of play or so i got home and felt the amp and it was too hot to touch and normally it is as cold as a cucumber so idk what the problem was, im just pissed i have no idea what i did wrong it should be about 75% louder. any help will be greatly appreciated.

If it was the first time how would you know how loud it should have been? Let alone knowing 75%, lol. What kind of subs, amp, electrical, ohm loads, settings, grounds as mentioned above...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Agree check your subs sounds like you wired one out of phase with the other....

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back