Sonic Electronix

My sister just got one of those SMART for2 road going go-carts and wants a lil bass. She doesn't want to give up space. I was thinking of doing a sub floor in the "hatch" with 4 rear firing Tang Band 6.5 inch subs in a row. Basically the enclosure would raise the hatch floor about 8 inches. I could give them about 1.35 cf total sealed and I be feeding of about 300 rms o

Is it even worth it or should I do a single small box 8 incher?

She listens to a little of everything and isn;t looking to flex body panels, just fill out the bottom octaves

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

DD S2b @ 8 ohm per channel

I run high ohn loads for MASSIVE headroom and cleaner SQ

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back

Honestly........ I say the only option you have is a wall. Just 1 18" on about 8k should be ok. Should be that is. Won't know til you do it.

Honestly he's 100% correct. :yahoo: Watch the whole little car flex like a balloon.

Why not go for 1-2 SA-8's?

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

Honestly........ I say the only option you have is a wall. Just 1 18" on about 8k should be ok. Should be that is. Won't know til you do it.

There's a guy around here with a single z9515 walled with 2 DD M4a amps on it. No clue what kind of magical fairy dust actually powers the amps through. only 1 extra XS battery in the back one under the hood and an unknown aftermarket alt

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back

lol was that a joke its the exact opposite of what he asked ... he doesnt want anything that takes up space nor any body flexing just something to let u know theres bass ...

cowboys_logo.gif

Why not go for 1-2 SA-8's?

the 8s would require either a more cubed shaped box or upwards firing enither of which she's excited about. She wants to have the sound but also be able to just throw shit in the back. With the 4 6.5s I could rear fire them and recess the drivers about an inch and put them close to the rear wall protecting the cones Amps will be under seats

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back

Damn this filled up quickly

Seen this ?

Tang Band W6-1139SI 6" (dunno if it's those in the wid) suposedly does very good in small enclosures.

Even got the neo-magnet :P

Just a suggestion.

Damn this filled up quickly

Seen this ?

Tang Band W6-1139SI 6" (dunno if it's those in the wid) suposedly does very good in small enclosures.

Even got the neo-magnet :P

Just a suggestion.

THIS IS WIN! exactly what I had in mind!!

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back