SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

Ever run across your mind of trying a 8 or 10" aeroport in the center firing up with the subs?

Works great in extended cab s-10's :)

edit: console looks great btw.

Thanks on the console and havent thought about aeros. Dont really have the time to make an 8in flare unless there is somewhere I can buy them.

I am going back to the design I had with the Solo Xs with subs forward and port up centered on the back wall. That has been my favorite sounding box to this point so I am gonna go with it and call it a day and say fuck the numbers is a street beater anyways.

Thanks on the console and havent thought about aeros. Dont really have the time to make an 8in flare unless there is somewhere I can buy them.

I am going back to the design I had with the Solo Xs with subs forward and port up centered on the back wall. That has been my favorite sounding box to this point so I am gonna go with it and call it a day and say fuck the numbers is a street beater anyways.

hairtrick vids soon plz...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Totally understand that :)

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

This is so comical at best, someone find me one really loud person in a 04-08 body style f150 that is really

loud please..that's because there is

none, some vehicles are really hard to get loud, some are not, take it or leave it these trucks are

This ^^ no one here has gotten these things past a 54 iirc

I think Cody done a 53 with the solo xs??

Highest I've gotten was a 50.2 iirc. Not sure what Logan has gotten outta his but rival has done a 52 maybe. Can't remember.

On another note, cj come build my console ;)

Edit: also, aarons truck is way more acoustically friendly then these trucks.

Totally different vehicles.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

no idea how much space you got, but have you considered inverted sub up? i heard 2 SMDs 18s sub port up in the back of i think it was a ranger and the shit was brutal

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I'm liking the center console. :good: I built one and already can't wait to build another. I critique my stuff way to hard sometimes. :D

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

no idea how much space you got, but have you considered inverted sub up? i heard 2 SMDs 18s sub port up in the back of i think it was a ranger and the shit was brutal

Damn things are too tal to pull that off, plus I want to keep everything below the window so I can see.

I'm liking the center console. :good: I built one and already can't wait to build another. I critique my stuff way to hard sometimes. :D

Thanks alot. Im uploading pics of it right now. It sounds great. I still have alot of tuning to do to keep it from overpowering my doors.

Ok update time......Got some new toys today in the form of 2 Sets of AA mids to go along with the 4 Kicker QS 6.5s and the 9 Kicker SS tweeters. Did a shit ton of wiring which I fucking hate speaker wiring its just so damn tedious I hate it. Also swapped out a few wires and am now running my mid and highs amps off of my front battery which leaves the back batteries to run just the Warhorse.

Sorry for the shitty and lack of pics I am taking the on my phone as I work and its just hard to get alot done and take alot of pics at the same time. As yall can see im posting this at 3am central time

The Mids

2010-10-11_18-43-46_428.jpg

I cant stand speakers with tabs for connecters so I just soldered direct leads to all of the AA mids.

2010-10-11_18-43-31_701.jpg

2010-10-11_18-43-39_379.jpg

Driver door....had to cut the stock speaker pod on the door so that it wouldnt hit the speaker.

2010-10-11_19-25-55_246.jpg

Driver Kick with 1 AA mid and 1 Kicker SS Tweeter

2010-10-11_20-11-09_349.jpg

Passenger Kicker with 1 AA mid and 1 Kicker SS tweeter

2010-10-11_23-37-11_117.jpg

Center console driver side with 2 kicker QS mids with tweeter mounted as coaxial but run separate.

2010-10-11_21-05-00_644.jpg

Other side same stuff

2010-10-11_23-37-21_720.jpg

I will get some more pics tomorrow once I clean everything up and get it tuned up but so far I sounds great and was a hell of alot easier than building doors....Ideally I would like to have a pair of 8s in there but for now I am happy with the mids and high in there.

Here is an updated list of the equipment in the truck right now

Subs- 2 SMD 18s and 2 DC LVL 5 18s

Sub Amp- Kicker Warhorse

Mids- 2 sets AA 7" carbons, 2 sets Kicker QS 6.5 mids

Mids Amp- Kicker 850.4

Highs- 9 Kicker SS Tweeters

Highs Amp- Kicker 350.4

Alternators- 1 Iraggi 260 and 1 Mechman 270 with adj voltage

Batteries- XS Power---6500 under the hood and 3 3400s in the back soon to be 6

Wiring- 2/0 welding cable and 1/0 KNU

Head Unit- Pioneer Avic X920BT

That is what is in the truck as of now. Keep a look out for a crazy tailgate inspired bed build soon.

Archived