SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

i can almost guarantee any woofer you drop in will be louder than the SMD's. why

here are my thoughts.

the SMD is conservatively rated at 3500 wrms. the only subs that are near that are strictly spl oriented subs.

DC lvl 5 and XL are rated 2k wrms and 1500 wmrs respectively (also conservative ratings)

however, this makes me believe that the two DC woofers in question are made to use the power they receive in a more efficient manner. so naturally on the same power the more efficient woofers will be louder.

ex. say you burp 4500 watts on an XL. that is 3x is rated rms. that woofer will be lunging back and forth trying to rip through itself.

burp that same power on an SMD

the SMD is getting 1.2857x its rms.

now tell me which one you think would be louder, the one nearing its thermal and mechanical potential? or the one going out for a daily stroll?

if you DC guys want to keep comparing oranges and pumpkins be my guest :) but it think a fair test would be 4500 on an XL and 10,500 on an SMD. get it?

the two subs are NOT comparable. now quit it

CJ i still love that box man

dude seriously .... I'd burp an xl with over 10kw with NO hesitation.

If everything goes right jeff will have an 1100.1 per woofer.

So with that said your 10kw on smd vs 10kw on xl ..... I'm sure that would be a good comparison.

Allthough it's in the works for Cody to get some level 5s if even thing goes right

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

dude seriously .... I'd burp an xl with over 10kw with NO hesitation.

If everything goes right jeff will have an 1100.1 per woofer.

So with that said your 10kw on smd vs 10kw on xl ..... I'm sure that would be a good comparison.

Allthough it's in the works for Cody to get some level 5s if even thing goes right

you talk too much.

i know a lot of things you would do without hesitation that no one else would do, doesnt mean they are good.

thats all im gonna say in this thread. dont wanna clog it up anymore than it already is.

CJ man i want to see more from you. something about that Warhorse keeps me interested

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

xls would be more apples to apples with mayhems IMO.

And yes bitld I couldve pmd you but this seemed easier.

As for shaq..... Who cares if he can shoot free throws. He's a dunker who dunks on Dunkers.

Just saying.

A XL is a 2nd cousin to a MT...

Now tell me how big the inner diameter is on a 250mm magnet and how that effects motor force and a pole vent as well :). Would you dare to believe that you are less then 10% away from something that appears to be smaller?

Just saying.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Nice build man box looks great. Fuck numbers Nick has emphasized over and over that the smd is not a spl sub. It was designed to take the kind of power that your throwing at it all day long. Im not a genius or anything but you guys are comparing two very different types if products designed to do two very different things. It does take a lot more power to get that 4 inch coil that's 9 inches long than the 3 in coil on a lot of these spl inspired workers. Either way along as your happy that's all that matters.

Sorry for the typos I'm on my phone

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

you talk too much.

i know a lot of things you would do without hesitation that no one else would do, doesnt mean they good.

I haven't done this yet but I know quite a few people who have and had no troubles burping them with that much power.

So is it really that bad of an idea?

As for Nick, huh? I don't build subs nor understand your lingo.

But thanks or the reply?

As far as the subs taking a beating all day everyday. I wouldn't expect anything less from a 4" coil.

Y'all act like a 3" coil won't take the same abuse or that aa is the only company to ever use a 4" voice coil.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg