SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

I can hear the excuses now. Cody the order has been placed and paid for. Hope you enjoy.

excuses from who? im quite curious about this test too. and when this thread will turn into a shit storm lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I can hear the excuses now. Cody the order has been placed and paid for. Hope you enjoy.

Excuses are exactly why I decided to do this build/test. I am a very happy SMD owner but I couldn't get past the wondering about how the LVL 5s would perform in the same enclosure. I do understand the fact that subs will react differently to an enclosure and this is what I am looking for here. I designed an am building a box the fits best in my truck and not a box designed specifically for either sub. If there is anyone here in the North Florida area that wants to hear the 2 setups let me know, the more opinions the better.

Excuses are exactly why I decided to do this build/test. I am a very happy SMD owner but I couldn't get past the wondering about how the LVL 5s would perform in the same enclosure. I do understand the fact that subs will react differently to an enclosure and this is what I am looking for here. I designed an am building a box the fits best in my truck and not a box designed specifically for either sub. If there is anyone here in the North Florida area that wants to hear the 2 setups let me know, the more opinions the better.

im in clermont if thats close enough :peepwall:

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

AHHH fucker...i thought there would be results...this is going to be a HUGE thread now that you made it SMD vs Lvl 5...cant wait to see results

thanks to rusty for hooking me up with an AMAZING deal, to hook him up with an AMAZING deal!!!

alpine, i wanna know why you say its pointless. :drinks: i predict a gain of 3 - 6 dbs from direct swap in.

and a thanks yo cody for workin with me.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ohhhhhh damn!!!! cant fuckin wait, i just cant.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

will u be going to world finals @ sbn in daytona?

As much as I would like to probably not. I play minor league baseball for the Atlanta Braves and will be at Spring Training during SBN. If there is anyone from around me that is going to be going to Florida state finals in Gainesville let me know. I am going to try and have the truck ready for then but not going to get in a hurry and make a mistake.

thanks to rusty for hooking me up with an AMAZING deal, to hook him up with an AMAZING deal!!!

alpine, i wanna know why you say its pointless. :drinks: i predict a gain of 3 - 6 dbs from direct swap in.

and a thanks yo cody for workin with me.

I want to thank Dustin Jeff and Rusty for making this happen as well. without yall working with me this test couldnt happen. As far as numbers go I expect some where in the 52-54 range.

Sorry to tell ya but drop in test are pointless

that makes absolutely NO SENSE....why not elaborate

ive seen quite a few examples of drop in tests that just either kept increasing or decreasing in score.

my friend Ric who works on the Geo Metro (DD Beast) had a powerbass sub in a box and used the same power back to back...hit a 149.x changed to a DD9515 152.x changed to a DDZ 154.x (something along those lines) and your saying its POINTLESS?? thats the difference between a win and a loss at a competition. you just gotta be the nay sayer and go against something for absolutely no reason

Steve Footz had 2 DD Zs and did a direct swap and drop in test fresh out of the box with 2 DC Level 5s and automatically went up .5 db

wheres the pointless in that...

my friend Jerome is coming to pick up the BTL sometime soon...were gonna do a drop in test with his BTL and the one im giving him in my box just to see what she does (granted its a 1 ohm and my lvl 5 is a 1.4 ohm) we just wanna see the difference. so no there not pointless

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Archived