SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

I have never used a scope, but I think you have to zoom way in man.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

No sir. At least not on the one jeff has, which is the same one as Cody as

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

It still might not be coincidence... Are those batteries new? I would just be sure to double check everything you changed since the X's were in there (ground, batts, etc).

No recones? Seriously? Or just no recones unless you're brave or special tools? I had my dealer ask when I bought them and he was told yes. I would have never bought them had I known I would have to send them back to recone.

I'm expecting a recone sooner or later because stuff breaks, it's not a question of if, it's a question of when. There is NO PRODUCT on the face of the planet that is 100% reliable, NONE, they don't exist. There are ALWAYS variances without question and in products that are assembled by hand it's even worse. Being loyal to your brand is one thing, but suggesting that these subs are 100% infallible? I don't fault you at all for being loyal, defending AA, and defending yourself, but sooner or later someone will have one that just broke.

I love my subs and they sound better than any I have heard to date in their class (they roll, they hum, and they are smooth)... Well I did until I was just told what they cost to get fixed, hundreds in shipping plus the cone, great news.... =@ For the record I'm not concerned about the power I have now or them failing out of nowhere, it's the next upgrade that I worry about.

if AA wants to send you a cone and you want to try it yourself, thats up to them. For the most part, this is not one of the woofers you are used to like a BTL, a DC or similar. There is a lot more to the process.

If an SMD breaks from manufacturer defect, like the motor shifts or glue comes undone where it shouldnt have, im positive AA would take care of it. OF COURSE no sub is 100% reliable when the owner abuses it. If its not abused and there is no manufacturer defect, you shouldnt need a recone at all. Unless maybe your putting it in the rear deck like my dads 67 Catalina and the foam surround gets crusty after 20yrs in the sun LOL.

So if there is a problem and its AA's fault, your covered.

If you stick with manufacturer's specs (3500w clean power), you dont unload the woofer (playing way below tuning), you shouldnt need a recone. If you plan on abusing the hell out of it, who knows if it will withstand what you throw at it. I never said that if you go out of your way to fuck it up, it wouldnt blow. If thats what your planning to do then get with those guys and ask how to recone yourself. Maybe they will tell you how, maybe they wont. Hell im pretty sure even Digital Designs wont just send a recone to just anyone.....not just because the woofer is perfect or anything but because they dont want some rookie reconing the sub, fucking it up worse, then blaming them.....and i know customers NEVER blame the manufacturer and ALWAYS take the blame themselves :ehh::rofl:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

OK so I have been on the phone with kicker tech getting alot of this stuff explained to me and must say this amp is a complicated piece of equipment. The way I scoped it yesterday was the way you would scope a normal monoblock amp. Well this isnt a normal monoblock. To properly test the amp it has to have a load. Once I hooked the subs back up and did the same test I got a normal sine wave. I think I have learned enough about the amp to properly set the gains on the amp with no issues.

if AA wants to send you a cone and you want to try it yourself, thats up to them. For the most part, this is not one of the woofers you are used to like a BTL, a DC or similar. There is a lot more to the process....Unless maybe your putting it in the rear deck like my dads 67 Catalina and the foam surround gets crusty after 20yrs in the sun LOL.

I'll check with them. I know if I screw it up, I screw it up, but for the cost of shipping I'm willing to try. Actually if I screw up a recone that is where the other one will go. In my 61' Deville's deck... :D It's actually kind of funny, the Caddy's trunk has more available space than my Trailblazer...

If an SMD breaks from manufacturer defect, like the motor shifts or glue comes undone where it shouldnt have, im positive AA would take care of it. OF COURSE no sub is 100% reliable when the owner abuses it. If its not abused and there is no manufacturer defect, you shouldnt need a recone at all.

I agree with you 100%, but I'm planning on 2-3x the power I have now so the higher I go the more risk there is. I've been in IT for 15 years so I'm always worried about what's going wrong next, just habbit (plus I've been doing nothing but disaster recovery for 2 days). ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

if AA wants to send you a cone and you want to try it yourself, thats up to them. For the most part, this is not one of the woofers you are used to like a BTL, a DC or similar. There is a lot more to the process.

If an SMD breaks from manufacturer defect, like the motor shifts or glue comes undone where it shouldnt have, im positive AA would take care

of it. OF COURSE no sub is 100% reliable when the owner abuses it. If its not abused and there is no manufacturer defect, you shouldnt need a recone at all. Unless maybe your putting it in the rear deck like my

dads 67 Catalina and the foam surround gets crusty after 20yrs in the sun LOL.

So if there is a problem and its AA's fault, your covered.

If you stick with manufacturer's specs (3500w clean power), you dont unload the woofer (playing way below tuning), you shouldnt need a recone. If you plan on abusing the hell out of

it, who knows if it will withstand what you throw at it. I never said that if you go out of your way to fuck it up, it wouldnt blow. If thats what your

planning to do then get with those guys and ask how to recone yourself. Maybe they will tell you how, maybe they wont. Hell im pretty sure even Digital Designs wont just send a recone to just anyone.....not just

because the woofer is perfect or anything but because they dont want some rookie reconing the sub, fucking it up worse, then blaming them.....and

i know customers NEVER blame the manufacturer and ALWAYS take the blame themselves :ehh::rofl:

They don't really sen seconds anymore because people where reconing other subs with their parts and trying to pass it for a DD sub.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Got the SMDs back in and beatin down properly. Talked to Scott at AA and he is sending me a new push plug terminal to install but for now I got some good solder and a new soldering iron and got the direct leads re soldered up proper and everything is all good.

My Mechman should be here tomorrow and Ill get it in and re do all of my wiring that I just put in last week but oh well. Im gonna run my back battery bank separate from the front so I will have no need for the runs to the back. My dual alt is going to power my back bank at a charging voltage of 14.9v. I also have Matt looking into building me a triple alt setup. Other plans are to swap out my Kinetiks for some XS Powers, so if anyone is interested in my 3800s hit me up they are for sale. Only other thing in the works for now are the AA mids and highs should be in tomorrow and be installed in the next few days.

Got a few pics I had to my cell phone.

DC Level 5 and SMD

_media_external_images_media_98.jpg

Here is what I found once I got the sub out of the box. I cut the negative off but the positive had just blown it self to pieces.

_media_external_images_media_105.jpg

Direct leads re-soldered up nice and tight and left room to redo the push plug when it comes it.

_media_external_images_media_104.jpg

Archived